Is bill Burger aka bbu97159656tcy a good seller?

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Does anyone know if ebay seller bbu97159656tcy (aka Bill Burger) a good seller? I did a search and found a couple of threads where people tend to think he is an a**hole, but the threads don't explain the opinion or the experiences people have had with him.

Also, is he a forum member? If so, what is his username?

I'd appreciate hearing about any experiences people have had with him. Thanks.

EDIT:

I posted this thread, because I had a bad experience with him, but I didn't want to leave a bad thread for him, if it was an isolated experience. But now I see that both Mainman and XianXi have bad experiences with him, so I know it is not just me. I have had good transactions with both of them, and if they had bad experiences with him, then the apple is probably rotten.

I bought a bunch of items from him in the past. Never had a problem with him. But one item I bought from him on ebay was a NAMCO NA-1 ROM board for the game Bakuretsu Quiz Ma-Q Dai Bouken. But his item description specifically described it as a JAMMA board which made me think that it was the Namco NA-1 motherboard, not a ROM-board. (If you read his item descriptions, they are sometimes very unclear.)

When I got the item, I sent him a polite email stating as follows:

Hello. I won this item from you. However, you listed it as a JAMMA baord and it is not a JAMMA board. While I am satisfied with the other items I won from you, I am not satisfied with this one. I would like to know how you would like to handle this. Please let me know. Thank you.

He responded as follows:

dont bid on my item if you can read or look at pictures

As if he is in a position to criticize when he can't type grammatically correct sentences or even spell properly.

Anyhow, I had already won more items from him that I had not yet paid for. So I figured I would add a few more to my order before he ships it so I can save on shipping. Well, when I go to bid, I found out he blocked me from bidding. I couldn't believe it. For all the items I won from him in the past, because I sent him that one email quoted above, he responds rudely and blocks me.

Now that I know he treated XianXi and Mainman in a similar fashion, I feel more comfortable in posting this about him.

Last edited:

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I've bought at least 20 games from him in the past, and I've never had even the slightest problem. So anyways, yeah I would say he is a very good seller. Great prices too.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Bill is a good seller, just understand that there is little to no communication. However he is very reliable. If you pay for the game, it will be in your hands in a few days, even if he never sends a confirmation email about winning the auction.

thechop

Overtop Pathfinder
Bought from him on a few occasions and had no problems, shipped quickly and goods aok;)

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Good Seller...but pay attention to how he words his auctions. He sells lots of boots. If his prices are too good to be true, it's because they are. Currently he has Baseball Stars 2 up for auction at a decent price. But after reading his auction description and looking at the cart, it's a boot. Other ebayers reconize this as well, otherwise it would have sold already.

Don't ask him if a certain cart is a boot. He will either ignore your question, or reply with a nasty response.

If you don't care about buying boots, then you will find some carts at a good price.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Remember its his wifey that does his auctions for him & she speak little English.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Well...i'm a fussy bugger & i have to say my dealing with bill was spot-on & my goods were perfect.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Bill Burger is a good seller i've deal with him in the past.

His commucation skills isn't much but you do get what ya pay for.

Months ago i was looking for a bbs2 mvs cart loose and he had some to sell.

It turn out to be a good deal as useal and it was,shipped in a timely fasion and it was a legit cart too.

Thumbs up in my book.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Bought lots of stuff from Bill, great seller. Not much communication, that's right, but it would probably be pretty tough to communicate with that many buyers.:) Great guy in my book. :D

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I posted this about him in arcade forums but I post here too

Well after years of bill burger know as bbu97159656tcy on ebay screwing me he finally scams me in a bold way.

This is the primary thing he would do. I would accumulate multiple won items from him over his 30 day window period. I would then pay him with a money order because I was screwed by paypal, but thats a different story. I would print out a nice list with item numbers, names, double spaced, big font, bolded on a single piece of paper and explained for him to double check but for some reason he aways screwed up by forgetting to pack a item, usually the expensive one.

Instead of just shipping the item he forgot out seperately on his dollar because after all he was the one who made the shipping error, he forced me to wait to pack it with next next round of outstanding items I won from him causing a repeating endless loop.

Ok, this is how he scammed me. I bought 3 broke 1 slots from him. One was as described, one was a bait and switch because it was a totally different one slot with different problem and one did not come at all, which is part of his endless loop scam. I was way past tired of him at this point. I decided to break this loop by canceling 2 current auctions I had going with him so he could not say I put it in the next shipment. I then ask him to either give me the exact 1 slot I won or give me a refund and to ship the other 1 slot he left out.

Now here the part your not going to believe he offer me a $10 refund on the 1 slot that was wrong and made no mention of the other he did not ship. In reality I paid $25 for the incorrect 1 slot he sent and on top of that he wanted me to ship it back on my dime which would run me $10, do the math there.

I explain this to him about firstly the incorrect value of the item, him playing senile about the missing item and lastly the joke of me paying for his mistake. He then sends me this email.

forget i am done dont bid on my items thanks for the previous business good luck to you

So there you have it, I'm shit out of luck. If I neg him, with all the items I bought from him that he has not left feedback for which is 20 or so, he can neg me for every single one and effective suspend my account by default.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
mainman said:
I posted this about him in arcade forums but I post here too

Well after years of bill burger know as bbu97159656tcy on ebay screwing me he finally scams me in a bold way.

This is the primary thing he would do. I would accumulate multiple won items from him over his 30 day window period. I would then pay him with a money order because I was screwed by paypal, but thats a different story. I would print out a nice list with item numbers, names, double spaced, big font, bolded on a single piece of paper and explained for him to double check but for some reason he aways screwed up by forgetting to pack a item, usually the expensive one.

Instead of just shipping the item he forgot out seperately on his dollar because after all he was the one who made the shipping error, he forced me to wait to pack it with next next round of outstanding items I won from him causing a repeating endless loop.

Ok, this is how he scammed me. I bought 3 broke 1 slots from him. One was as described, one was a bait and switch because it was a totally different one slot with different problem and one did not come at all, which is part of his endless loop scam. I was way past tired of him at this point. I decided to break this loop by canceling 2 current auctions I had going with him so he could not say I put it in the next shipment. I then ask him to either give me the exact 1 slot I won or give me a refund and to ship the other 1 slot he left out.

Now here the part your not going to believe he offer me a $10 refund on the 1 slot that was wrong and made no mention of the other he did not ship. In reality I paid $25 for the incorrect 1 slot he sent and on top of that he wanted me to ship it back on my dime which would run me $10, do the math there.

I explain this to him about firstly the incorrect value of the item, him playing senile about the missing item and lastly the joke of me paying for his mistake. He then sends me this email.

forget i am done dont bid on my items thanks for the previous business good luck to you

So there you have it, I'm shit out of luck. If I neg him, with all the items I bought from him that he has not left feedback for which is 20 or so, he can neg me for every single one and effective suspend my account by default.

I don't think ebay will suspend your account based on the number of negs you receive. They only suspend your account for unpaid item strikes, items not received, and rule violations. The negs may affect what other bidders may thing about you, but ebay doesn't care how many negs you get.

That being said, I have seen other people criticize him and call him a jerk, but no one ever explained why. Thank you for doing so.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Do a forum search on his name and ID, I believe there are a lot of older posts about him.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Bibliophile said:
The negs may affect what other bidders may thing about you, but ebay doesn't care how many negs you get.

Thats just it you personally know I tend to sell tons of stuff

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
He screwed me before too. I bought 4 marquees from him at $9 a piece and he said he would combine the shipping at $12 and then when it came time to pay he said he will not combine it anymore. The only reason I bought the other 3 was because of the combined shipping. So now I was stuck with 4 marquees at $9 a piece and a shipping cost of $8 each.

I sent him an email asking why he changed what he said and his response was "I can't combine shipping on everything, I hardy making profit so I have to charge you for my ebay and paypal fees with my shipping"

That began the email war, I'll skip that. So his final email was "either you pay or I report you and leave a negative"

So I did what someone told me to do which was to pay for each item individually and when they arrive in one box file a paypal claim that some didnt arrive since there was only 1 DC#. I didnt want to be a total dick so I only filed for 1 instead of 3 because I figured it would cover the overcharge.

Before that I never had any problems with him, I would buy stuff almost weekly. Maybe it's his stupid wife doing the new transactions. :oh_no:

danox574

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
What's wrong with the auction is that the label is a JPN Samsho 3, not 2. It could be an innocent error, or not. I can see why someone claiming to test a game and then putting the wrong title in the auction would make some people nervous.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
He's okay if you accept his mistakes that are usually in his favor and you never try to communicate with him.
BB

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
danox574 said:
What's wrong with the auction is that the label is a JPN Samsho 3, not 2. It could be an innocent error, or not. I can see why someone claiming to test a game and then putting the wrong title in the auction would make some people nervous.

Ya, I realized that after I posted. Is it his wife that is listing these things or is he doing it?

La4s

n00b
danox574 said:

I just bought a Sam Sho 2 cart off of Bill Burger. The auction I won had the Sam Sho 3 image, but he did send a legit copy of 2 which was very clean.

-La4s

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
BIG BEAR said:
He's okay if you accept his mistakes that are usually in his favor and you never try to communicate with him.
BB

I think there is a problem with ANY seller with which you cannot communicate.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I think BB is a good seller. He's not a great (suck your dick) type of seller, but I would buy from him without thinking twice.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
BB

He once made an error not in his favor...

I should have kept it....