Is ArcadeWorks known for timely shipping?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
This thread reminds of a product I once bought from a German Virtual Pinballshop. Item 'in stock' and shipping '2-3 days' it said when I spent well over $250. 3 weeks later, nothing. No confirmation, nothing. So I started googling this guy and his shop and as it turned out, he was well known for being the worst communicator. All good, at least I knew I wasn't getting scammed. I just know that items would take some time (the products needed to be built).
A month later, nothing. As I started to complain via FB messenger (since he was online 99% of the time and an active member in the Vpin community), it pissed me off that he was just ignoring my questions by simply not replying (yet reading every one of them). Mind you, I was still being polite at this time.

Another week passed and promises were made that items would be shipped promptly. And sure enough, I got a DHL tracking number. Another week passed yet again and I then noticed that the DHL number had been digitally created and it's status didn't get any updates. I guess he did it to just to shut me up for a little bit longer which worked for another week I guess.
When I found this out, I was done with the guy, his shop and the damn items. I gave him an ultimatum on a Monday; ship before Friday and we're good. Don't and refund my money immediately. He reluctantly agreed. Friday came, nothing sent but no money refunded either. The next monday I stepped up my game.

I tracked him down and knew where he lived, who is wife was, how many kids he had and the name of his dog. I contacted his wife and told her about the entire situation. I asked her to talk some sense into the guy as I presented her my detailed plan (which I had put in writing) about going public and making it my personal mission to destroy his reputation (which was shit as it was) and more importantly- to shut down his shop.

I already drafted a claim for malpractice and I was going to make an 'Anzeige' at the local police office whom I had already informed. I already had a list of 'fellow victims' who were willing to back me up.
Anyway, he went to the post office that day and shipped the items (mine and the other's) and provided me with photo evidence of him shipping the items, more than 2 1/2 months after ordering them. I would have followed through and I guess that's what startled him/his wife most.

Long story. I guess what I'm trying to say is that nobody should ever put shit on a webshop page that the owner knows to be false in advance. If you cannot run your business in a professional manner, shut it down - no excuses. The worst online shops are those run by hobbyists who make a little money on the side this way but have zero entrepreneurial feeling.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I tracked him down and knew where he lived, who is wife was, how many kids he had and the name of his dog. I contacted his wife and told her about the entire situation. I asked her to talk some sense into the guy as I presented her my detailed plan (which I had put in writing) about going public and making it my personal mission to destroy his reputation (which was shit as it was) and more importantly- to shut down his shop.

Some men don't need to put one hand in their pocket while walking to be badass.

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
Well, I just sent a few facebook messages and asked some people on a forum. Then I got it and it was awesome.