Is anyone going to the Toomanygames show in Philly in June?

Neogeomaniac67

New Challenger
Just curious if anyone was going and if it was a good show? Is there any NeoGeo related items there? Do they have alot of retro consoles and games? If your looking to do any trading send me a Pm, we could do it there. I have a few I would like to trade. Jap Ninja Master, US Matrimelle, Jap Stakes Winner, US KOF 01, US samurai Shodown V, US Galaxy Fight(NGF insert, I know I know) and maybe a few more. Again, if your interested send me a PM. Thanks

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i would love to go this year. until the economy fucked gas prices so bad i went to almost every show and vended, i may consider it this time if i feel ive got enough left to sell, but honestly ive sold almost everything. it was always a great excuse to take a vacation to PA for a weekend and have a blast!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
There will definitely be a few members from the forum there. I will have my own booth (one table) with several consoles on for free play. The name of the booth is JSJ games. Should be great.

Also, be sure to stop by Mad-Gear LLC. Carlson, the guy who runs it, is known as 16-bit on this site. He also buys stuff so, who knows, he may be interested in some of the games on AES you have.

Jon

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
I just wanna say that I had a ball on Saturday at TMG hanging with the Neo folks. Thanks to Jon for supplying the hangout and the sweet supergun setup. I bought an NES Top Loader, my only haul of the show. Coincidentally, the only game I bought was included with the NES, which was DuckTales, and anyone who was at the afterparty knows why that's such a weird coincidence. The X-Hunters were amazing, as were the Minibosses at the afterparty. I met many cool people for the first time, among them VanillaThunder and Monoteketea (sp?). Met Brendan Hunter, producer of Lloyd the Conqueror, at the afterparty. I made some great contacts in the gaming community, and even found a decent pizza place near the con. It was the most fun I've had fully clothed in quite a while.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Sorry I couldn't make it back.. wife sprung a father's day surprise on me.

Feel like a dick, but my family does trump videogames. ;)

Aldynes

n00b
I was there on Saturday. Too bad I didn't check the forum before I went because I would have liked to meet up with some NEO fans. Overall the show was great with lots of vendors and game stations. I got to play a nice refurbished R-Type machine and a really obscure title called Leprechaun. The Angry Videogame Nerd was a highlight for me.

I walked away with a copy of Dynamite Dux for the SMS but was eyeing a copy of Mutation Nation. The insert was a bit ratty so I passed. The table up front when you walked in had a copy of Darxide but there was no manual. I saw a kid walk out with a Sharp 68000 so there was some really great buys if you looked.

BTW, does anyone know if the VGXPO will ever come back to the PA Convention Center or is that show dead?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I was there on Saturday. Too bad I didn't check the forum before I went because I would have liked to meet up with some NEO fans. Overall the show was great with lots of vendors and game stations. I got to play a nice refurbished R-Type machine and a really obscure title called Leprechaun. The Angry Videogame Nerd was a highlight for me.

I wish I got that guy's info, I'm experiencing remorse over not jumping on one of those mini-cabs

I walked away with a copy of Dynamite Dux for the SMS but was eyeing a copy of Mutation Nation. The insert was a bit ratty so I passed. The table up front when you walked in had a copy of Darxide but there was no manual. I saw a kid walk out with a Sharp 68000 so there was some really great buys if you looked.

That kid walked out with MY x68k. (Actually, he bought it from Carlson for $440, but I would've owned it if I got there first.. if he didn't show up by 5pm it was going to be mine!) That stuff was all at Carlson's booth. (He's a forum member and VERY trustworthy seller.. hell of a nice guy, also.)