Is anyone From NEW YORK!!!

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
SnairDogg said:
When I know which day I'll definitely be there, I'll post in here so if anyone wants to meet up with me, PM me or post in here, we can exchange #'s.
If it's on a weekend, I'll try to make some time to be there...wish I could say definitely, but I'll give it my best shot

Are there any other worthy arcades in Manhattan?
after experiencing the goodness that is CTF it won't bother you so much that the answer is "Not really."
;)

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Kazuki Dash said:
after experiencing the goodness that is CTF it won't bother you so much that the answer is "Not really."
;)

I agree. I think CTF is the last true arcades in the city. A mix of old and new, good comp, and *gasp* quarter machines.

I despise "arcades" that require you to buy game cards.

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
OK, we've tried this before now let's give it a second (or is it a third? or fourth) go: who's down for a meetup? Most of my friends gave up fighters for sports and rpgs so getting some SNK action with some real players would fucking rock. I can pretty much swing by CTF anytime since I'm always in Manhattan...

Kazuki Dash

ah, the gauntlet has been thrown...let's see who will answer the call
:D

BIG

sony fanboy
I got a hundred guns and a hundred clips,but I'm not from New York,New York..

BIG-

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I'm heading into the city today. I don't know how late China Town Fair is open until, but I should be in the city around 6:00 or 7:00. We're gonna be going out to eat, and then I have a few other things I need to do, but I'm hoping to be in China Town at 8:00. If I don't make it there tonight, I'll definitely be there tomorrow throughout the day, I might have to do some other sight seeing, but I'm looking forward to some KOF competition the most at China Town Fair.

Kazuki Dash

SnairDogg said:
I don't know how late China Town Fair is open until, but I should be in the city around 6:00 or 7:00.
no worries, it pretty operates Noon-Midnight every day

I might have to do some other sight seeing, but I'm looking forward to some KOF competition the most at China Town Fair.
you won't be disappointed, there's plenty of KOF play over there...98 and 2K seem to be the most popular there

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
SnairDogg said:
I'm heading into the city today. I don't know how late China Town Fair is open until, but I should be in the city around 6:00 or 7:00. We're gonna be going out to eat, and then I have a few other things I need to do, but I'm hoping to be in China Town at 8:00. If I don't make it there tonight, I'll definitely be there tomorrow throughout the day, I might have to do some other sight seeing, but I'm looking forward to some KOF competition the most at China Town Fair.

Snair, how long are you going to be in NYC?

Oh yeah, you might wanna swing by JnL Games, too. Lots of USA and import stuff. Pricey, but sure is a nice selection. The staff is cool as fuck and know their shit.

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
jaydubnb said:
Snair, how long are you going to be in NYC?

Oh yeah, you might wanna swing by JnL Games, too. Lots of USA and import stuff. Pricey, but sure is a nice selection. The staff is cool as fuck and know their shit.
I will be here until Friday morning, but I am thinking I will only be at The China Town Fair tomorrow (Mon.) from 5-8? And maybe again on Wednesday or Thursday, my girlfriend has planned a bunch of stuff for me to do, and I haven't been to NYC in 5 years so I really need to go sight seeing. We just rolled in tonight, and I really haven't had a minute to myself until just now, 12:39...maybe I'll see one of you guys there tomorrow, I'll probably be wearing something with Penn State on it, I will definitely have on white nike air force one low tops, they're...actually I might have a dress shirt on...well I dunno what I'll have on, but I'll probably be playing neowave, kizuna, and rbs the most...so look for me if you are there!

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I really only played The King of Fighters '98, '02, and NeoWave the most. I played SVC a few times, on Monday the machine kept freezing and rebooting so just when I was winning with Choi this would happen. I only won a couple times playing KOF '98 and '02 against Chinese guys (these guys were definitely Chinese, I can differentiate what language I'm hearing). Just watching was fun, there's so much in these games I haven't learned yet. At times I thought, "That's impossible!". I wish I had tons more time to play KOF. I also wish I had some real competition like in China Town. NeoWave really didn't get much attention. Monday there were two Chinese kids playing it, they didn't seem too skilled, but they seemed above average. The KOF machines that got the most love was '98 followed by '02. Chris, Yashiro, Shermie is a crazy team, and Kensou needs more attention from me, he can do some wicked stuff.

Neo Geo:

Puzzle Bobble
Magical Drop (not sure if was II or III)
Metal Slug 4 & 5
The King of Fighters '95, '98, '00, '02
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos
Kizuna Encounter
Real Bout Special
Sengoku 3
Samurai Shodown V

Atomiswave:

The King of Fighters: NeoWave

BrooklynSkin

Morden's Lackey
I'm from NYC myself, I hardly ever post here anymore. Too caught up with music industry shit. Setting up shows, my dvd magazine, putting out mixtapes. I still go to Chinatown fair once in a while and bust some ass.

I would like to go to a neo gathering in the NYC area one of these days. I haven't bought a homecart in quite a while though. I am more of a gamer less of a collector.

Next time there is some kind of gathering or tournament let me know. my email is jonrivaltribe82@hotmail.com my aim name is BrooklynRonin82

for all the hip-hop heads out there keep a look out for the ALL ELEMENTS dvd magazine and mixtapes. I go by J-Ronin in the hip-hop scene.

peace

- Jon

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I go to entertainment world or gamestar every once and awhile after I get done with classes(QC).

Game star is the best in my opinion, They have SvC Chaos and KOF 2003(or 2) for $.25, tons of people to play with and a fridge of soda for $.50 a can. Not to mention cheap games with no tax, they rock

I dont go to chinatown fair cause its out of the way and smelly.

Last edited:

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
*teh bumpage*

OK, NYC/NJ heads - - the weather's warm, it's time to get this fucking party started. This has been attempted many a-time, but who is really down for a CTF meetup for a few hours of asskickingness? I'm thinking Saturday, May 21st.

Let's make it happen.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Count me in.

Who wants to embarass me badly in KOF98/2000? I offer up myself as guinea pig.

Kazuki Dash

while I doubt that my current financial situation would make this doable for me, I won't say no just yet until maybe a week before...who knows, maybe I'll be able to do something to make my attendance possible...
:(

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The Nintendo World Store will be having a grand opening event on the 14th. My friend and I are going to go check it out. After that were going to go down to CTF for some SHMUPS and then to the Peking Duck house for dinner.

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
YuckMud said:
The Nintendo World Store will be having a grand opening event on the 14th. My friend and I are going to go check it out. After that were going to go down to CTF for some SHMUPS and then to the Peking Duck house for dinner.

Whoa, I forgot all about the World Store opening that day. I'm definitely checking it out with some CTF afterward.

BTW -- whats you shmup of choice? I <3 Mars Matrix.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Well I haven't been there in two years so I don't know what they have. Last time I was there I was playing Dimahoo (The Capcom one with the Dragons) I like them all. It just sucks I don't have a modded PS2 and tons of extra cash for all the ones I'd like to play.

Garou[ryu]

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I recently moved to brooklyn from fairfield california i dont know a dam soul here...
anyone know where any cool arcades are i have heard of the place in china town but i have no idea where that is......

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Garou[ryu] said:
I recently moved to brooklyn from fairfield california i dont know a dam soul here...
anyone know where any cool arcades are i have heard of the place in china town but i have no idea where that is......

9 Mott St, not far from the Brooklyn Bridge.

Which part of BK are you from?

How about may 28? My class ends at may 27.

jaydubnb, how often do you go to CTF? I go there about three times a week.

Kazuki Dash

Well this weekend is most likely a wash for me, so maybe your idea for Memorial Weekend might be better...geez, I gotta get my act together
:confused:

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
tianyuan2k2 said:
How about may 28? My class ends at may 27.

jaydubnb, how often do you go to CTF? I go there about three times a week.

I get to CTF usually twice a month - -but I actually havent been there in a hot minute. Actually, I may be out of town on the 28th, but I'll letcha know :smirk: