Is 3Volts enough to sustain the CPS2 Crypto

Berty

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
Hi,

Just want to confirm that i can use two AA Lithium batteries as a replacement for the CPS2 battery? The only reason i ask is that a CPS2 battery is 3.6volts? but the two AA's would only be 3Volts. I have heard of ppl doing this sort of mod before, but i just wanted to verify.

Cheerio

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Berty said:
Hi,

Just want to confirm that i can use two AA Lithium batteries as a replacement for the CPS2 battery? The only reason i ask is that a CPS2 battery is 3.6volts? but the two AA's would only be 3Volts. I have heard of ppl doing this sort of mod before, but i just wanted to verify.

Cheerio

I wouldn't if I was you. I bet those two AA will not have the same amperage hours as the 3.6 battery, and yes that .6 volt difference does matter. I never seen 1.5 volts lithium batteries, I hope your not referring to those energizer lithium batteries because those are not truely lithium batteries. But I recommend you use the correct battery. If you got the cash you might want to phoenix your board even, did you happen to catch my thread in the arcade forum about my mishap with onee of my cps 2 batteries.

Last edited:

Berty

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
yeah, i saw that thread. I just donty have the cash to phoenix up all my baords atm.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
3.6v batteries are common for cell phones. You can always check the shack.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Not worth faffing around with the battery, save up and send your chips to Raz, I hear good things about pheonix roms :) If you cant afford that, why do you collect arcade stuff?? The most costly of all hobbies IMHO

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I think it might work, but it probably wouldn't sustain an acceptable voltage for nearly as much time as the correct battery would.

Berty

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
beh3moth said:
If you cant afford that, why do you collect arcade stuff?? The most costly of all hobbies IMHO

Because poor people deserve to collect arcade stuff too!!!!
:mr_t: