Ironclad ebay auct//not mine

I guess the easiest board to work would be one similar to pleasure goal, kof95 is a spot on match. FF3, SS3 could also be used replicating the layout of the Pleasure Goal board

the V rom is 4MB, so to work with boards from SS2, AOF2 and WH2J era it will require the V rom to be split into 2x2MB or using 1 wire to force the 4MB v-rom into these boards.

edit: none if the boards above will take 2x8MB C-roms, it has to be 4x4MB C-roms.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yup, you can always split the P, C and V files.
I'd better figure out how to properly split the files. I remember editing the files back when I was trying to make homemade NGCD games with disastrous results!

Looks like I'll probably be using my extra World Heroes Perfect. I couldn't find a complete match in my bootlegs I'm afraid.

World Heroes Perfect uses the same boardset as WH2J, in fact there are some WH2J roms in there.

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
Do NOT sac a WHP. There are cheaper candidates out there

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Do NOT sac a WHP. There are cheaper candidates out there
Perhaps I won't. Got an extra from yaton for $10, who's selling a set of them on ebay for that price now.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
I guess the easiest board to work would be one similar to pleasure goal, kof95 is a spot on match. FF3, SS3 could also be used replicating the layout of the Pleasure Goal board

the V rom is 4MB, so to work with boards from SS2, AOF2 and WH2J era it will require the V rom to be split into 2x2MB or using 1 wire to force the 4MB v-rom into these boards.

edit: none if the boards above will take 2x8MB C-roms, it has to be 4x4MB C-roms.

Holy fuck. So now you're all for conversions? Is it ok to ruin games as long as it for a proto? Yet you chew out little Joey-Assfuck for wanting to make himself a Metal Slug?

Seems really hypocritical after all your talk about preservation. Do you think bootleggers don't read these threads? Why don't you gve them some more pointers?

I'm not saying I'll never have an Iron Clad, but I'm really surprised at some people in this community and their attitudes.

SNKP sees fit to release a new (old) Neo game for its fans to play and once again everyone sees fit to steal it like it's there god given right to ownership. They'd have to be fucking stupid to put anymore protos on the Wii after this. You do realize piracy killed the Neo in the first place right?

I don't really care if people want to make conversions or anything. I'm just surprised at how quicky these self righteous "hardcore" people are compromising there values.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Darcotrigger -
I understand ths may be the exception rather than the rule, but some people, such as myself, would like to own the game and have either bootlegs that use the right boards, or broken original carts to do it.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
Darcotrigger -
I understand ths may be the exception rather than the rule, but some people, such as myself, would like to own the game and have either bootlegs that use the right boards, or broken original carts to do it.

That's fine. Honestly it doesn't matter to me either way what people do with property that doesn't belong to me. Sac your carts, I really don't give a shit. I may even buy an Iron Clad someday to be honest.

It's just the double standard people have that bothers me. A lot of members give people shit for enjoying Neo on whatever level they wish and then all the sudden it's like "Ooooo a proto! Well that changes everything!". It's fucking pathetic to see.

Asure

Captain Dick,
The simple fact is, there is no other way to play it on real hardware.

If SNK made carts, this fact would have been out of the way. Problem is, most of us can burn or obtain a set of roms burned for us, but we can't create pcb's out of thin air.

Darco, your point is moot : The latter would be solved once it's properly bootlegged by the Chinese. Which would happen anyway, so we could all wait for that. At least the die-hard fans got to enjoy this game before it was capitalized on by the Chinese.

Piracy killed the Neo-Geo ? The pricing scheme killed the Neo Geo AES, and in the arcades, the platform simply aged up to a point it was no longer profitable.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
The simple fact is, there is no other way to play it on real hardware.

If SNK made carts, this fact would have been out of the way. Problem is, most of us can burn or obtain a set of roms burned for us, but we can't create pcb's out of thin air.

Darco, your point is moot : The latter would be solved once it's properly bootlegged by the Chinese. Which would happen anyway, so we could all wait for that. At least the die-hard fans got to enjoy this game before it was capitalized on by the Chinese.

Piracy killed the Neo-Geo ? The pricing scheme killed the Neo Geo AES, and in the arcades, the platform simply aged up to a point it was no longer profitable.

Sorry, but I guess you don't really understand my point. My issue is not that anything is being sac'd. I'm glad werejag can make carts for people to enjoy.

edit:

Btw, you can play this on a Neo CD (real Neo hardware)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have a few dead carts/boots that I can use to make me 1 or 2.

That's fine. Honestly it doesn't matter to me either way what people do with property that doesn't belong to me. Sac your carts, I really don't give a shit. I may even buy an Iron Clad someday to be honest.

It's just the double standard people have that bothers me. A lot of members give people shit for enjoying Neo on whatever level they wish and then all the sudden it's like "Ooooo a proto! Well that changes everything!". It's fucking pathetic to see.

From what I´ve been reading, ppl who are attempting to do this are running into sound issues due the fact that they don´t know how to deal with the 4MB V-rom.

There´s no real alternative for this game and this going to be made anyway so I´m just making sure it´s done correctly.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
From what I´ve been reading, ppl who are attempting to do this are running into sound issues due the fact that they don´t know how to deal with the 4MB V-rom.

There´s no real alternative for this game and this going to be made anyway so I´m just making sure it´s done correctly.

It looked like you were trying to figure out how to dump it from the Wii before that.

So then why is it a crime to point someone in the right direction when they want to convert a Metal Slug or a Blazing Star or a Puzzle Bobble ?

You argue about people ruining 2 - 3 carts making a conversion, would you rather see them come out of it with 1 functional game or actually destroy all of them?

You also argue that those types of conversions are no longer neccesary due to converters and cmvs systems. Guess what? You could buy a commercial supergun set up in the mid to late 90's, so these types of conversions were never truely neccesary.

Same with this, there is actually an alternative, people can buy a Neo cd version or download an ISO and ruin a cdr instead of a cart.

Like I say, I really don't care what people do, I just don't see what the difference is.

Explain.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
As long as I'm at it.

Pricing did not kill the AES. Somehow even at the price the carts were selling at, the system had like a 13 or 14 year run. Even after it's demise we saw Last Hope carts sell at double th price. Rest assured that there are many rabid fans that would still gobble up those homecarts if they were still being released today.

The MVS did not age to a point where it was no longer profitable. It aged to a point that they could no longer prevent piracy. They even experimanted with PCB releases instead of carts. In the end though, the roms were on the net within hours of the games releasing and cheap shoddy boots were available as soon as the next day.

It was never that SNKP or fans felt the graphics were not good enough or that nobody would want to play these types of games. If that were the case they probably would have straight up left the arcade market all together.

1- and those who want to play it in cab?

2- The only one who figured out how to do this bootleg sold it for 500 bucks, everyone else is on a hiatus and my guess it´s for technical reasons, so I´m leveling up the game for the others.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
You shut your mouth! Deuce is a very busy man. He has five snakes to feed!

2 now. Sold some, gave one to a charity auction at a reptile show. Plenty of other animals in the house, though. Including two Common American Rugmonkeys. Those suckers are expensive to maintain, let me tell you.

On topic, though, I've played the game on CD, and it's modestly entertaining, as shmups go. I've snagged the .wad file from the VC, but is there any way of extracting the individual .bins needed to put this into an emulator like FinalBurn Alpha or WinKawaks? (Yes, I went there.)

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
1- and those who want to play it in cab?

2- The only one who figured out how to do this bootleg sold it for 500 bucks, everyone else is on a hiatus and my guess it´s for technical reasons, so I´m leveling up the game for the others.

You answered my question with a question and a statement, which is poor, but I'll answer anyways.

1. They either pay $500 now, or they wait for someone less greedy to get a handle on it. It's going to happen and I'm fine with it.

2. Thankyou for the factual statement. That isn't the question though.

Now please, explain to me why this is ok to to you after so many self righteous outbursts.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197811
&highlight=conversions

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197725&highlight=conversion

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22143&page=2&highlight=conversion

I'm gonna go grab a burger. See ya in a bit.

I keep what I´ve said, conversions are unnecessary, there are good ways to avoid having to take down one game to play another.

However protos are a different subject, currently the only way to play ironclad in the original arcade hardware is to make your own cart.

Last edited:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member

As for sacing carts, I'm generally not in favor of it. However, I feel that if a cart is broken and can't be repaired (like my Sidekicks3 which has irreparably broken chips), it's a different story; it's taking otherwise useless remains of what was a game, instead of a whole working game, to make something new (plus, ultimately, potentially avoiding saccing of other carts.)

You asked someone in a latter post to explain the difference to you (I presume between bootlegging a "normal" game and a proto)- I'll try to do that:
By sacing a game to make another game, you're doing this to make a game that, if you had the means, you could just purchase a legitimate copy of.
With a proto, however, there is no other way to play that game in its original form - Your options are limited to the NeoGeoCD release (which does in fact have different music, so it's not exactly the same), or the Wii virtual console release, which is playing on different hardware. This may be a very slight distinction, but it makes all the difference in the minds of some. If you don't feel that there is a distinction, that's fine. You're wholly entitled to your opinion.

Not directed at Darcotrigger, but just an observation - Does this debate sound at all like the abortion debate to anyone?

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
I keep what I´ve said, conversions are unnecessary, there are good ways to avoid having to take down one game to play another.

However protos are a different subject, currently the only way to play ironclad in the original arcade hardware is to make your own cart.

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. For someone who has been all about preservation, I don't think you should be telling people what they can and can't do with there own property anymore. You are personally contributing to what you consider the "ruination" of a lot of carts.

And to all of those who end up with an Iron Clad cart:

If this is released on the vitrual console here and you have a Wii in your home, you be damn sure to drop your 900pts on this release to thank SNKP for releasing a game you never would have been able to play otherwise. If you don't then it is very doubtfull they'll release anymore prototypes.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
And to all of those who end up with an Iron Clad cart:

If this is released on the vitrual console here and you have a Wii in your home, you be damn sure to drop your 900pts on this release to thank SNKP for releasing a game you never would have been able to play otherwise. If you don't then it is very doubtfull they'll release anymore prototypes.

Good point. If I ever DO get a cart, I will be sure to buy the Wii VC version.

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. For someone who has been all about preservation, I don't think you should be telling people what they can and can't do with there own property anymore. You are personally contributing to what you consider the "ruination" of a lot of carts.

So you are going to tell me what I can or cannot do?

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205446

Look at that pulstar conversion, it´s near perfect, I was trying to stop something like this to happen, if you are into homecarts now, you would have to worry a lot about being scammed by fake game.

I´ll keep discouraging more people from doing it and holding know-how as I see fit.

edit:changed the link to a better one.

Last edited:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
The cart this game requires to be sacrificed is very plentiful on both home systems and in the arcade.

Possibly too many copies of it exist.

No one should be upset about the sacs for this game to exist in our collections.