Ironblood on the 3DO M2 - who wants a match? (three new alphas)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Got three more alphas running, and I thought ; how can I get this admittedly terrible yet historically important game in a real tournament? lol....then I quickly realized I can't

So who wants a match? Maybe we can Twitch stream the first and only bracketed Ironblood tournament...unreleased game on cancelled hardware lol

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

Got three more alphas running, and I thought ; how can I get this admittedly terrible yet historically important game in a real tournament? lol....then I quickly realized I can't

So who wants a match? Maybe we can Twitch stream the first and only bracketed Ironblood tournament...unreleased game on cancelled hardware lol

I was blessed with the unfortunate luck of having this game for PSX. I traded in my entire SNES collection (including a Star Fox Competition cart) for this and Jumping Flash. Man does this game blow.

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I was blessed with the unfortunate luck of having this game for PSX. I traded in my entire SNES collection (including a Star Fox Competition cart) for this and Jumping Flash. Man does this game blow.

It’s the worst. But the M2 version is much better. Sad an unreleased alpha prototype for an unreleased console beats the actual game that came out

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I wonder how long they actually spent on the M2 version before giving up.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The more I learn about the M2 from awbacon's threads, the more I realise how bad it would've been if it actually came out.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I just read the wiki and apparently the M2 tech ended up being used in ATMs and Japanese Vending Machines.....Kinda how all the left over stock of Jaguars were turned into dental lasers. Seriously that is a real thing that happened.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The more I learn about the M2 from awbacon's threads, the more I realise how bad it would've been if it actually came out.

It’s so hard to say. Had it come out in 96 like it was intended it would have had a three year lead in Dreamcast. The arcade games are definitely more impressive than what the 64 / PS1 / Saturn could do.

When it got pushed into 98 though it had no chance against what was coming

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I just read the wiki and apparently the M2 tech ended up being used in ATMs and Japanese Vending Machines.....Kinda how all the left over stock of Jaguars were turned into dental lasers. Seriously that is a real thing that happened.

Yep. ATMs, vending machines, coffee makers, etc etc. Those were all the FZ-55 models though, which lack a controller port so while they can execute code, you can’t control games.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Yep. ATMs, vending machines, coffee makers, etc etc. Those were all the FZ-55 models though, which lack a controller port so while they can execute code, you can’t control games.

Vapor and Phantom ware is so cool. I love stuff like that.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
A game console that dispense snacks and coffee - Trip Hawkins was such a visionary!