Iron Man 2 trailer is OUT!!

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
who the fuck is the main badguy supposed to be?

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
I opened it and clicked watch, it said "download quicktime", I remembered this isn't 1996, I closed it.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Garry Shandling appears within the first 10 seconds of the trailer. I still think that Paul Mooney should play War Machine.

Shandling.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
SPIN:

The villain is Whiplash.

Black Widow is also in the flick, but you may be more familiar with her.

And Rhodey gets the War Machine armor in this one too, apparently.

Trailer looks GREAT. I hope the movie is at least as good as the first one.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Iron Man: Great

Whiplash: Awesome

Black Widow: Very Cool

Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer: Uhh....doesn't make any sense but that's alright, I really like Sam Rockwell.

Don Cheadle: WTF NO GET THE FUCK OFF THE SCREEN WE NEED Terrance Howard back.

Fuck John Favreau and Marvel for being bitchs and essentially booting him off.... :mad:

I can't stand it when actors are replaced, it's like taking a huge dump on everyone's intelligence.

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I can't stand it when actors are replaced, it's like taking a huge dump on everyone's intelligence.

It's a fictional story, you have to suspend your belief for it to work. Marketing to adults a character designed to appeal to children is dumping on your intelligence.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,

Remember when they pulled that crap with the Oracle in The Matrix? Not like the later movies were gold or anything but that was one of the nails in the coffin for me.

That trailer would be better for me if it excluded any and all AC/DC music.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Remember when they pulled that crap with the Oracle in The Matrix? Not like the later movies were gold or anything but that was one of the nails in the coffin for me.

They didn't have a choice in the Matrix, she fucking died.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
yeah I'm not watching this either because I don't have quicktime, so you know you're fucked when you're agreeing with the lonesage

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member

boy do I feel dumb.
I didn't even notice the change.

Iron man 2 trailer looks alright.
It's nice that it's coming out relatively soon.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
SPIN:

The villain is Whiplash.

Black Widow is also in the flick, but you may be more familiar with her.

And Rhodey gets the War Machine armor in this one too, apparently.

Trailer looks GREAT. I hope the movie is at least as good as the first one.

Whiplash, oh ok ......

LAME.

Bring on the Mandarin or Fin Fang Foom.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Who they need is Madame Masque. Almost the only fucking interesting character to ever come out of Iron Man comics.

And I agree about Whiplash. Fuck, I read comics and I don't know or care anything about that character. Just be glad he looks nothing like in the comics.

200px-Whiplash_(Mark_Scarlotti)_003.jpg

Guy even carries a purse.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Some of Iron Man's villains are a bit "over the top". I don't think they adapt well to movies. Whiplash is an exception so I actually like the choice. Only problem with Whiplash is that he never really accomplished anything as a villain. Great choice for the movie, but comic wise he's just a filler.

The obvious villain choices have magic powers or are aliens from other planets so they'll probably be overlooked for a while.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Don Cheadle: WTF NO GET THE FUCK OFF THE SCREEN WE NEED Terrance Howard back.

I enjoyed the first Iron Man, so I will go and see this. I agree that replacing Terrance Howard with Don Cheadle sucks. However, I approve of Mickey Rourke playing the main villain. And there's nothing wrong with Scarlett Johansson wearing a skin-tight outfit...ever.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Only in The Matrix.

Sorry, I shouldn't joke about that. I take it back.

you're still allowed to believe they handled it badly. it's true that they didn't have much of a choice, but it always killed me how badly they handled it. yes, they *had* to replace her, but what they didn't have to do was spend five minutes having her create backstory to explain why she looked different. *that* was the part that i always felt insulted my intelligence. "dear audience member, it has been decided that you are incapable of handling a death-induced cast change, and so we've rewritten the movie in an attempt to soothe your terribly immature mind..."

sort of like how the second matrix movie alternated between cool action sequences and terribly obvious attempts to create new plot out of a very well wrapped up first movie. i liked the first one (heck, i loved it back when i first saw it), but the rest of the 'trilogy' mostly felt like they were kicking my brain repeatedly in the balls. which probably makes little sense, but would explain why it hurt more and more as it went on.
i need to stop; this is not the 'what was wrong with the matrix trilogy' thread.

re iron man 2: looks solid. doubt it will measure up to the first, but that's okay, it could be a great movie even without doing so. i'm desperately hoping that the painfully fake-looking cg bit where he lands on the stage is not the final version of that scene; that looked awful, while everything else looked fine.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Who they need is Madame Masque. Almost the only fucking interesting character to ever come out of Iron Man comics.

And I agree about Whiplash. Fuck, I read comics and I don't know or care anything about that character. Just be glad he looks nothing like in the comics.

200px-Whiplash_(Mark_Scarlotti)_003.jpg

Guy even carries a purse.

While Iron Man has not been my favorite Marvel character, I like him and think that a lot of good and interesting stuff has come out of Iron Man. Instances of quality stuff to come out of Iron Man are Hawkeye, the Black Widow, James Rhodes (before he became War Machine, he was a great supporting character), Bethany Cabe, the 'Demon In A Bottle' storyline, the Doctor Doom time travel storyline...pretty much most of Michelene's run as a writer. And Tony himself is an interesting character, to say the least.

There's nothing I can say to convince you to actually LIKE any of these things, but the argument that good stuff exists in the IM canon is valid, I think. And the current Fraction/Larocca run on the book is better than I could have ever expected out of IM.

That said, Whiplash probably wouldn't have been my first choice. I would have gone with Titanium Man, Madame Masque and The Maggia or the Crimson Dynamo before Whiplash. And this version of Whiplash seems like a cross between the comics' version of Dynamo and Whiplash. Last I checked, Whiplash wasn't a Russian guy angry about Tony's war profiteering.

Mandarin would be the ideal enemy for Iron Man but I think they're gonna wait to cross him over with Thor in the Avengers movie to get people acclimated to the notion of things like alien science. That way, audiences won't think it's quite a stretch to explain the origin of the ten rings of power.

As for Don Cheadle, I am not pleased that they changed the actor but Terrence Howard backed the producers into a corner and he wasn't willing to take a paycut. He was making more than Downey Jr. and he didn't mean nearly as much to the flick so they made a business choice.

Don Cheadle is a perfectly fine actor and will play off of Downey Jr. on the screen much better as he has bigger acting chops than Howard, IMO. It will nag at me, but if Cheadle's any good in the role (and I expect he will be good because the man can act), I'll quickly forget the mighty Terrence Howard was ever in the first one.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Howard was really flat in the first Iron Man, anyway. No big loss.

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
Howard was really flat in the first Iron Man, anyway. No big loss.

True Story. Plus Cheadle really is an amazing actor. His range is very broad. Everyone will agree once the flick hits that this was a good choice. On a side note, above and beyond his pay, I read somewhere that the scenes with Howard required several re-shoots. Probably due to his inability to act. He's a terrible actor to begin with imo. Did you see him in Fighting? The carbon copy of Lionheart? No? The movie was just as bad as his acting in it.