Interest in a 'can NG.com beat every Neo Geo game in 2020?' thread?

Teluin

New Challenger
So every year a certain Nintendo website has a similar thread to do each console. Was considering a Neo Geo one but wanted to gauge interest, etc.

Would people be interested in this sorta thing or nah? Any suggestions appreciated.

I was thinking beat a game by AES standards (on an MVS is alright but no unlmited lives), honour system w/ a picture, etc. That sorta thing.

Cheers.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
How would it work?

Have a different game every week with set difficulty/lives etc?
Or just a free for all type thing with set guidelines?

Teluin

New Challenger
Would just have the complete 148 listed (or could do 135 and just include North American games). As people beat the games, they just leave a msg and I update the list. See whether or not we can beat the entire library in a year. Any ideas are welcome to improve, just thought it could be neat to do.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
These sort of threads, especially under the terms you've described, are scrubby and pretty goofy IMO. Perhaps they're popular on other forums, but if you've ever browsed "Arcade Central" here, you'd see that there are monthly competitions (at times involving Neo titles) with a fair amount of participants.

It's not uncommon for people to clear a Neo Geo title there. Check it out.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
These sort of threads, especially under the terms you've described, are scrubby and pretty goofy IMO. Perhaps they're popular on other forums, but if you've ever browsed "Arcade Central" here, you'd see that there are monthly competitions (at times involving Neo titles) with a fair amount of participants.

I agree with this, although it would be interesting to do it as a 1cc list. Since the Neo library is basically bereft of any games that wouldn’t really work as a 1cc (RPG’s) it could be a fun ‘team’ challenge. We have enough killer players we might actually be able to do it.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I agree with this, although it would be interesting to do it as a 1cc list. Since the Neo library is basically bereft of any games that wouldn’t really work as a 1cc (RPG’s) it could be a fun ‘team’ challenge. We have enough killer players we might actually be able to do it.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but I think this would appeal to a VERY small amount of members.
A "bang out Neo clears with mediocre scores" camp.

Some less skilled members might be satisfied with something like the OP described. And members who do have skills would likely play to ultimately have a score here http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...High-Score-Thread-Top-Ranked-Players- Only, and not settle for the "bang em out" camp.

Last edited:

Teluin

New Challenger

Hey man, to each their own :). I just thought some people might enjoy it. I haven't, but the 'at times involving Neo titles' part has already sorta lost my interest. I may sneak a peek.