Input on an Amazon issue

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I ordered 3 items from Amazon and they only sent me 2, instead of the third there was an empty heavy duty ziplock bag with a bar code on it. The package wasn't tampered with. It seems that there is no option to report a missing item from an order, just for a return or a replacement. I tried to use their customer service but according to it the order was delivered and all items were shipped. Since all 3 items were shipped together Amazon considers the order fulfilled. There is no way to get an actual person on the phone and explain any of this.

I went ahead and initiated a return as a wrong item received and typed "Large empty plastic bag" where it says wrong item received. Then there was no option to receive the correct/replacement item only for a refund. I though OK I'll just re-order the damn item. Of course it's gone up in price by $5 since I placed the original order two days ago. Probably why they won't just send me a fucking replacement, but that's a separate issue altogether.

So I guess I'm just going to send back the bag. Amazon's instructions say not to package the return item but I mean it's friggin empty bag. So do I follow their instructions and hope for the best or put the bag in another bag? Are they even going to check what's returned?

I have returned damaged and wrong items in the past but this is next level bullshit and I'm afraid they're going to think i'm trying to keep the item and get a refund. If they do and charge me a couple weeks from now for failure to return I guess I can at least call my bank and get the charge reversed.

The whole situation is ridiculous.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
You can either live chat with a human or request a call from an Amazon CSR. Explain what happened, and I'm sure they'll issue the replacement without making you send back the empty plastic bag.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I recently got an oxygen sensor for my Miata that was not the actual part I ordered, it was not even the right part and it was used. It eas obvious someone ordered it, took their bad part out and returned the old part in the same box.

I got a replacement without much issue, but I had zero faith that the part I returned was not going to just be tossed back in with the regular stock and shipped back out, so I wrote a note and stuck it in the box that said, "This part is used and returned, do not accept it from Amazon.".

I don't fucking know. People are garbage.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
You can either live chat with a human or request a call from an Amazon CSR. Explain what happened, and I'm sure they'll issue the replacement without making you send back the empty plastic bag.
I tried doing both those and they were bots. I think I managed to get a refund after fucking with the chat bot for almost an hour, we'll see.

Edit: Motherfucker, no refund. After messing with the chat bot all it did was say it would issue the refund but then it redirect me back to the returns page and prompted me to fill out the return that I already filled out.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
I bought an item from Amazon 13 years ago and when it arrived, it was the blisterpack only with no item in it. I was able to find a way to chat about the issue with a cs rep and they had a replacement sent the next day, no questions asked.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Just keep insisting to speak with a human being. I haven't had any trouble getting through to discuss recent Amazon fulfillment issues. Good luck, though.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Try hitting them up on twittard?
Seems to work with other online vendors.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Is it me, or has Amazon really gone to shit over the last year or two? I'm sure Covid was unexpected, but it seems like they've never recovered in terms of their QA or logistics.

Meanwhile, Google search and YouTube have also seemed very broken...

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Try hitting them up on twittard?
Seems to work with other online vendors.
Not a Twitter user.

I'll try calling them a second time, if I can't get a real person on the line then I'm just going rub the bag on my taint and send it back.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Is it me, or has Amazon really gone to shit over the last year or two? I'm sure Covid was unexpected, but it seems like they've never recovered in terms of their QA or logistics.

Everything is too big, it's unmanageable.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member

Yandex

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Amazon has definitely gone downhill. You used to be able to get an American rep on the phone very quickly.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Years ago I preordered KoF XII for the 360 from Amazon. When it arrives the top edge of shrinkwrap was removed, the security seal cut down the middle, and the game disc was removed.

Of all games for some Amazon employee to steal, fucking KoF XII.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Amazon has definitely gone downhill. You used to be able to get an American rep on the phone very quickly.

Yeah I finally dropped Amazon Prime last month when my sub ended. Back when you actually got 2-day shipping on everything it was great. These days it’s a mess.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Finally got through to an actual person and got a refund, just ended up ordering the item cheaper from Walmart lol.

I think I very specifically said "Speak to representative" this time not "speak to a person" or "connect to live person" etc. like I had previously. Still extremely frustrating and I probably wasted close to 2 hours dealing with this.

The future is grim. We were all worried about Skynet and shit but we never imagined the hell of AI customer service, news articles, art etc. that we have to endure until Judgement Day finally comes.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've had this happen, and you absolutely can initiate a replacement with their customer service. You just can't do it through the website prompts.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I've had something like this happen before. I got someone on the phone and keep insisting things were messed up until someone gave me a partial refund.