In this thread we post catchy video game tunes.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
The Gameboy Robocop theme will always be one of the best chiptunes I found in the youtube era:

There are other variations but the GB version is still my fave.

C64 has a cool opening bit to start it:

Spectrum:

Amstrad:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
No

No, no.

The best chiptune is this one here:

No contest.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
That SNES version of DKC aquatic ambiance (underwater level) is still somewhat popular, but I also think this GB/GBC version is a good reinterpretation:

The original for comparison:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Not exactly a chiptune (it was on the Wii) but I found this track randomly when hunting for something else and for a fucking Yugi-oh game, it goes pretty hard.

My go-to for bumpin' chiptunes is always NES-era Sunsoft shit (at least for stuff that not everyone's heard a million times).

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member

OCEAN loader music. In the mid-80s, some clever coders found out that it's possible to play SID music while loading a tape game on C64. OCEAN had four or five of those loader music pieces and they became legendary among fans. I liked the first one here a lot, that and the great loader graphics really tuned you in for the game that was to follow (Arkanoid in this case) and made waiting for it to load a little more pleasant. So pleasant in fact that I sometimes loaded a OCEAN game just to listen to the loader music.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
That one must fall theme would fit into Lach's electro pop thread.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member

Ibara!

Loved to play this game on PS2. Should undust it one day and give it a spin.

Bites yer arse but it's awesome.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member

The perfect counterpart to a violent game - it's like the happy-happy-joy-joy music if you enter a village in Zelda. A... Save Space?

This is the original RE4 version btw., the version in the remake is okay-ish but not as good IMO.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Here's a version for those who really, and I mean really love that track: