Impressed with SNK Playmore's TGS stuff?

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
I've actually been pretty suprised this year with the presense that SNK Playmore has had at the Tokyo Game Show. I'm not terribly blown away with the titles, we pretty much knew they were coming. And there hasn't been a suprise announcment of any kind to really shake me up or anything, but I was just mostly impressed with what a strong showing they seem to have. SNK vs Capcom, Samurai Shodown 0(5), news on King of Fighters 2003, previews for the 3D King o Fighters, and some nice info and shots of the PS2 ports they have been working on. I honestly didn't expect this much from them. Anyone else fairly suprised with SNK Playmore's showing this year, or disappointed?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm really glad to see them making a big presence at ANY game convention. SNKP is clearly showing they want this company to succeed and make a dent in the game industry.

The only thing that bummed me out was the lack of any KOF '03 screens or info aside from the title screen, no info at all on the KOF Atomiswave game, and nothing outside the realm of KOF (Metal Slug 5 for example).

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Next year is what will determine the future of SNKP, I believe they will be making a move to more third party titles and maybe a few MVS/AES games will pop up here and there.

I honestly could see them becoming the next Namco as far as producing great fighters (2D and 3D alike) for the Next Gen systems.

I still think they should release compilation discs seperated by serries just for the purpose of letting everyone know who they are, most of my friends don't know KOF, Samurai Shodown, Metal Slug, or Fatal Fury by name but I will be damned if they don't know the games.

Everyone knows who Terry Bogard is, Hahomaru, Gen-An, ect but outside of the Neo Geo fans how many know them by name?

To make the company be a strong player in the coming years they need to get their name out there and what better way than by displaying their classic games which IMHO can still impress players today by gameplay alone.