IKARUGA april 9th XBLA

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
One hell of a birthday present (It's on the 10th, but so what). Going to be interesting to see what the high scores are going to look like. I think I'll download it just to see how I rank with the rest of the world.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Fina-freakin-lly

Here's hoping for a good 2 player online option that isn't laggy.

*And maybe a few extras*

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Even though I don't really enjoy Ikaruga that much (or Treasure shooters in general), I still think this is a great release.

And I'll probably download it anyway.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Looking forward to this.

The Soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission.

800MS Points I assume?

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Is this a worldwide release on the 9th like they did with Trigger Heart?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Out of curiosity, are most of you buying it already owners of it for DC or Gamecube? I've owned it since it since day one for DC and don't really see the point if I already have the 1:1 Naomi port. Although, a small part of me feels a slight obligation to support the genre.

It's great that it's being released none the less. I think this is the game that sparked new interest in shooters for a lot of younger people.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
subcons said:
Out of curiosity, are most of you buying it already owners of it for DC or Gamecube? I've owned it since it since day one for DC and don't really see the point if I already have the 1:1 Naomi port. Although, a small part of me feels a slight obligation to support the genre.

I'm not sure. I've had the game since the GC release, so I don't think I'd really be interested in playing it on the 360. I also feel an obligation to support the genre though as you said, so if it's cheap I'll probably buy it.

It would have been cool if they added a new game mode or something, like the arrange modes for the cave ports on ps2. Then it'd be a no brainer.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
subcons said:

I have it for the DC, but I won't be able to help myself: I'll have to buy it for XBLA as well. :)

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
subcons said:

It's great that it's being released none the less. I think this is the game that sparked new interest in shooters for a lot of younger people.

I got it on day one for DC as well. I got it shortly after it was released for GC. I've since sold the DC version. I'm still buying it.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
im a littly iffy about it. ive been playing the Dc one for a few years. i'll prolly buy it, tho. i bought DooM on XBLA and i have about 10 different version on 10 different consoles. i dunno

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
It will be a great birthday present (Yes, my birthday is actually on 9th)
Sure I do have it on Dreamcast and Gamecube already, but I heard the graphic was improved and new stuff were added. Can't wait to get it on XBLA.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
I may buy it if only for the online support. I already own the GC version which I put over 20 hours in and now have a copy for DC that I need to play. Hell of a game.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
subcons said:

Used to have it on GCN and DC - no longer have either console.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
subcons said:

Most of us own it. But if there's HD support, bonus content, and of course achievements, I'm game.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
seriously! cant wait to see what it looks like in HD.
im sure treasure put a nice level of polish on it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Wake me up when Border Down gets released in Widescreen

Nickn

Swords, Dragons & Big Breasted Women
Looks like i better go buy a XBL points card. This is awesome news.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Neo Geo MVS said:
damn XBLA its going to bring down prices in all arcade hardware :very_ang:

:spock: too.

It came out over six years ago. It's pretty safe to say that arcades aren't raking in the money from Ikaruga.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Neo Geo MVS said:
damn XBLA its going to bring down prices in all arcade hardware :very_ang:

I don't agree.

Hardcore shooters are a limited niche market and a lot of those into them will seek the real thing.