If this Neo-Geo 2 existed, would you buy it?

KzerXtreme

n00b
Medium:
It would probubly just have a DVD drive like an Xbox 360, but as an added bonus it could be backward compatible and play Neo-Geo CD games.

Storage: It would come with a hard drive, but it wouldn't be huge capacity, so probubly 20 gigs

Online:
It would feature an online store where you could download all SNK AES games by purchasing "Neo points", but they could be enhanced like Xbox Live Arcade games with leaderboards and multiplayer.

Controller:
Like the Wii they could have a classic controller so you could play your downloaded games, which would look like the original joysticks for the home console, but they would also have the new generation controller for the new games. Most likely wouldn't let you just plug your old controllers in, they'd want you to invest in these controllers.

Games:
These games will have 3D graphics like the new PS2 KOFs. Maybe some games with 2D gameplay and 3D graphics.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
KzerXtreme said:
Medium:
It would probubly just have a DVD drive like an Xbox 360, but as an added bonus it could be backward compatible and play Neo-Geo CD games.

Storage: It would come with a hard drive, but it wouldn't be huge capacity, so probubly 20 gigs

Online:
It would feature an online store where you could download all SNK AES games by purchasing "Neo points", but they could be enhanced like Xbox Live Arcade games with leaderboards and multiplayer.

Controller:
Like the Wii they could have a classic controller so you could play your downloaded games, which would look like the original joysticks for the home console, but they would also have the new generation controller for the new games. Most likely wouldn't let you just plug your old controllers in, they'd want you to invest in these controllers.

Games:
These games will have 3D graphics like the new PS2 KOFs. Maybe some games with 2D gameplay and 3D graphics.

What no AES cart slot?:oh_no:

If SNKP made one I'd get it. That is if history didn't repeat it self with the system costing around $1000...about what the AES would be if released in 2007 dollars.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
It cost $649.99 for an aes in 1990.. so if you take away the second stick that was packed in, along with the memory card and the pack in game, and figure out how much 649 in the 90's would be today....

the Neo Geo 2 would cost roughly..your first born child.:lol:

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
we already have an overpriced super power console for todays generation, it's called the ps3

KzerXtreme

n00b
The AES downloads would put money in the hands of snkp and they could have online leaderboards and online multiplayer like Xbox live arcade, I think it would be a win-win situation. It seems like their is a market for buying older games on next gen systems. Oh and not to mention removing the costs of packaging a game physically.

The actual system costs could be kept low if they approached graphic power like Nintendo. They could have the graphic capabilities slightly higher then the Xbox1, DVD disc drive and keep it at like $199.

lordnikon

Another Striker
If a NeoGeo 2 was ever released, my guess is that it would be a consolized version of the Hyper 64.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
NEO GEO DRAGON said:
No thanks. I stick with my AES. If I did buy a new console, it would be a ps3.

RATM said:
we already have an overpriced super power console for todays generation, it's called the ps3

Fail.

But yeah, I'd buy it... I'm sure that pricing/marketing wouldn't suck like it did back in the day, and SNKP isn't exactly a developer that thrives on crazy-awesome hardware, so it'd probably be no more powerful than the Wii.

I'm sure that everyone here would rather that SNKP stayed as far away from 3-d stuff as possible though... So just when are we going to get high-res 2-d KoF?

SNKP releasing their own hardware would be a bad move though, worse than if Sega decided to get back in the industry... At least they'd have a larger market than a few cultists on the internet.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I say no too, the good old SNK is dead and gone. Playmore is meh and would screw the whole thing up.

.Qzi

n00b
ki_atsushi said:
I say no too, the good old SNK is dead and gone. Playmore is meh and would screw the whole thing up.

People have talked that same when Microsoft started with Xbox ;)

Greetz

Angel

Morden's Lackey
i'd say no too. It wouldn't get near the support of 3rd parties that the big 3 will get, and with a controller like the Wii, biiiiiig no. I'll stick with my 360

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
i would have to say no. it would be too limited of a market. NEOCD back compatiblility is cool, downloading AES games would be cool...but you're suggesting previous-gen graphic capabilities? what new games would be made and worth buying? the Wii doesn't have spectacular graphics but it's the way you play that is "next-gen". I think it would be cool to just have a 360/PS3 support for dl'ing all the AES games. that would be a more feesable venture...

why not just a controller that has all the AES games on it. plug it directly into your tv.

JFlex

Marked Wolf
Jonny, I like that controller idea. I've seen tons of joysticks on sale with 50 to a 100 atari/intellivision/coleco games.

I'd purchase the system only if, the entire SNK catalog was exclusive to the new system.....via download or disk.....at a minimal price.

While I love 3D graphics, I prefer the neo-geo games (new and old) to be in 2 diminesional sprites. However, with High resolution. Otherwise, forget about it.

lordnikon

Another Striker
It is hard for me to justify the concept of pay for play downloadable NEOGEO roms.

Especially when the Playstation 2 is releasing almost every fighting game ever from AES. Plus you don't just get "data" on some harddrive / memory stick. You get a nice compilation including disc, case, and cover art.

With RealBout, Samurai Shodown and World Heroes collections on the way, it would be hard to swallow getting milked for downloadable AES games on a NEOGEO 2, or current next gen system.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
KzerXtreme said:
Medium:

Online:

Controller:

Games:
You are retarded

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
KzerXtreme said:
Medium:

Online:

Controller:

Games:

If the games were all 2D sprite based like the real Neo-Geo, yes I'd buy it in a heartbeat no matter what the price is, But with 3D games like Max Impact, I would never buy it for any price.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
.Qzi said:
People have talked that same when Microsoft started with Xbox ;)

Greetz

and Im still not buying Micro$oft garbage.

Ki_atsushi is correct, SNK is dead and Playmore sucks, sadly...

Last edited: