If I have an AES, is it worth it to buy an MVS cab?

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
Or should I buy an MVS converter instead?

Help me out guys. I'm having a dilemma here trying to think and the Internet has never led me wrong

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Sell the home system and get a cab. You'll never look back.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Neo threads in Unrelated? Get the fuck outta here.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Sell your AES no matter what. Whether it's for an MVS cab or a consolized MVS. If you want to play the good games on the Neo without getting a $45,000 loan like some Fakkers, MVS is the way to go.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...he's not your buddy, friend.

I used to have a console setup with about 22 games, letting go was hard but I did. Lucky I ran into a MVS 4 slot mobo with 3 carts a few weeks before parting with the AES, later I got me a MVS cab and ever since I have to say my arcade gaming grew exponentially. MVS is the arcade gateway drug, best move I ever made.

I prefer MVS over AES in every single possible way, there's just no substitute to a MVS Cab but there is a substitute to AES...not saying I don't miss my AES for aesthetic reasons from time to time but game wise I don't miss a thing. I got more than I ever thought I would with MVS, all I put into it over the years has been given back tenfold.

I'd like to think that when I'm an old fuck and think back to my best days of gaming these past 2 decades are going to be remembered fondly. Of course I also have my gaming memories form the 80's and the 90's as well, gaming has been good to me and MVS was a big transitional part of my gaming in my later years. If I didn't get into MVS I wouldn't have gotten into CPS2 and other systems, eventually leading to PCBs and what have you.

Are you ready to jump into the rabbit hole?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Noted. Now off to Craigslist to wait

And wait...

And wait...

TBH I wouldn't even get an MVS cab if it was going to be my only cab. May as well get a candy cab like an Astro City or even a generic Jamma woody. More versatile and as EG said you can get into other arcade systems too.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
YUp. I have cab, rarely take out my AES.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
It is always worth to get a MVS cab. Even if you already got one... or a dozen.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Yeah once you start with an MVS cab, it get's tempting after a while to go for others.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'm not your guy, pal

... you realise... this could be misconstrued by the lads...

Xian Xi is sorta well liked... and they might take that last post the wrong way...

...I'm sorta staying out of it... for now... but don't say I didn't warn you if the guys decide to beat on you.....

xROTx

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm not your guy, pal

I'm not your pal, buddy.

... you realise... this could be misconstrued by the lads...

Xian Xi is sorta well liked... and they might take that last post the wrong way...

...I'm sorta staying out of it... for now... but don't say I didn't warn you if the guys decide to beat on you.....

xROTx

It's a joke from south park, Rot.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
cvw9KRVZ_400x400.jpg

Rot dyed his hair.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
The MVS is great. If you have to pick just one however, I would go with a candy cab. Hours of gaming is better done at a sit-down cab.

That and playing jamma boards and being able to rotate the monitor when you are in the mood for something different is always great.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Woodcabs are goof for long sessions as well, just gotta have the right setup.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Time to replace them MVS labels so the carts looks nice, like your AES stuff.