If I got just 2 PS2 Import Shmups...

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Those would be my two picks personally. I'm sure opinion may vary though.

Kiken

Camel Slug
Am I doing right by Espgaluda and Do Don Pachi Daioujou DV ?

Yes. Arguably the two best PCB-to-PS2 conversions on the console. You should also consider grabbing Homura and Twinkle Star Sprite La Petite Princess (both got budget re-releases).

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yep, both games are great. Though pick up a copy of Mushimesama if you get a chance. Though the port isn't as solid as the Arika ports, it's still a fun game.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
If you are only going to get 2, I would definitely recommend 2 of the cave ports.

I think DDP DOJ is a sure bet, but I actually prefer both Mushi and Ibara over Espgaluda. But they are all great games and you can't go wrong with any of them...

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Me, it's Ibara and Homura with TF VI right on their asses.

Really, any of them are great! If you have the funds, collect them all. Damn, why not?

GodOfHardcore

Galford's Armourer
Shmups tend to be a bit expensive and the lack of a paypal account cuts out ebay.
Hence why only 2.
I can't seem to find murawhatsitcalled anywhere either.

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
its Mushemesama and its gotten quite pricy as of late. I think its almost $100 for a regular release now. Insane

Kiken

Camel Slug
Shmups tend to be a bit expensive and the lack of a paypal account cuts out ebay.
Hence why only 2.
I can't seem to find murawhatsitcalled anywhere either.

http://www.videogameimports.com/get_game.php?product=8383

Oh, you were talking about Mushi... yeah.. good luck with that. Check the selling sections here and on Shmups.com.

OldSchoolGamer said:
its Mushemesama and its gotten quite pricy as of late. I think its almost $100 for a regular release now. Insane

Mushihime-sama

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
DDP DOJ for sure, and i'd say Homura or Espgaluda are both great buys to get you started on JP PS2 shmups.

GodOfHardcore

Galford's Armourer
I'm no stranger to paying a ton for Shmups, I remember paying $80 for a mint (and it's still mint) copy of Border down a game I can't even make a dent in.

Apparently my copy of Zero Gunner 2 is worth $100+

Dunno what my GC Shiki 2 is worth.

When Senko no Ronde came out in the US I paid it's FULL release price.

It sure sucks to be a Shmup lover in the US and I presume Europe. The purest form of gaming isn't mainstram and released in large numbers.

We were lucky we even got Rtype Final and Raiden III

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I've never had a japanese PS2, but I can say both those games are and i'd recommend them over the other two cave titles. as far as the entire system though, i can't really say.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
It sure sucks to be a Shmup lover in the US and I presume Europe. The purest form of gaming isn't mainstram and released in large numbers.

Nope We get alot of Ps2 shmup's that go to budget range around $15 on release day like pyvasiariar 2, XIII stag ect.......

GodOfHardcore

Galford's Armourer
I assume the Euro shmups are cheaper to get too?

I shouldn't have any issue running them with Swap Magic should I?

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
If they were PAL optimized then I think the speed, screen size, and color would be off if played on an NTSC PS2. Not 100% sure on this, though.