I'd Like To Welcome...

DBS

Mega Shock!!
I'd like to welcome a new additon to the family. He doesn't have a name yet, but I'm working on that. Any suggestions would be considered.

I scored this original 4 slot cabinet from an ebay member who was saving money for a new car. It came with Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown, Fatal Fury Special, and Super Baseball 2020.

He also modified the 2nd player headphone jack to allow me to hook the cabinet up to a surround sound receiver.

I'm saving money to purchase SVC, SSV, MS5, and KOF 03. I want to have all of the carts in the cab at the same time.

I'm also collecting a bunch of MVS carts so that my customers can choose which game they want to play.

I hope to host some tournaments soon so keep your eyes open. If anyone is ever in the Gainesville area, and wants to play some games, my doors are always open. I'll even put it on Free Play so that we can go at it. The cabinet is currently in my music store, so we can hook it up to the surround sound and be blown away.

Later,
Erik

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/i/1988055685_0_1.jpg?ext=.jpg&outquality=56[/IMG]

Last edited:

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
He also modified the 2nd player headphone jack to allow me to hook the cabinet up to a surround sound receiver.

sounds interesting, anything special needed to accomplish that?

DBS

Mega Shock!!
I'm not sure. He installs sound systems for a living, so he may have done something special to it.

DBS

Mega Shock!!
Thanks.

Hey Chris1, what kind of controllers do you have on your cabinet? My controls work, but they don't respond well during fireball motions, etc. I've been playing games for years so I know how to do them, but I feel like a complete newbie playing FFSpecial, struggling to get moves out. Is there any way to adjust the controls?

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
DBS said:
Thanks.

Hey Chris1, what kind of controllers do you have on your cabinet? My controls work, but they don't respond well during fireball motions, etc. I've been playing games for years so I know how to do them, but I feel like a complete newbie playing FFSpecial, struggling to get moves out. Is there any way to adjust the controls?

If they feel a bit old and clunky you could aways replace them with brand new parts.
Check out www.happcontrols.com

DBS

Mega Shock!!
I may just replace them with 360 sticks. I don't know how to install new sticks, but I'll find someone who does.

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
Fredscape said:
sounds interesting, anything special needed to accomplish that?

Not much point since the MVS motherboard doesn't output anything fancier than old fashioned stereo. I have a powered 2.1 sub n' satellite speaker setup in my cab, PC speakers basically. Just plug the standard PC 35mm headphone jack into the headhphone socket on the memory card reader. No "modifications" required.

DBS

Mega Shock!!
Maybe that's what I have. I still haven't tried it out yet.