I spoke to SNK today..

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!
Sheesh.

MVS is a good system and all. But hell, it *wasn't* going to last, and now is a damned good time for change.

And KOF04 in MAY?
None of you fuckers can complain about late KOF releases now :P

MistressDragon

The Ultimate 11
no more mvs planned? That's too bad..I thought there was some in the works. KOF 2004 in may for the atomiswave...sheeeit my friend. Looks like a good time just waiting. Thanks for taking the time to call them up and get the facts straight. You're a champ.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i suppose may might be plausible with all the quiet at the moment.. on the other hand if it were may that is quite a slew of games in the last 6 months...

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Didn't another member post that KOF2k4 was sent in to Sammy, and rejected cuz it was too graphically similar to 2k3?

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
This is the best thing for SNK, some of you don't want to believe/accept this, but the MVS is dead. As much as I don't want that to be, it is. If they continue to make games for MVS it will perplex my mind since bootleggers run rampant in this day and age, and 3d graphics seem to be the rage. Let me tell you this, though, folks 2d is coming back, and it's coming back hardcore. This 3d shit is retarded. The graphics have blown since virtua fighter and they still blow to this day. 2d games are where the fun is at. What I'm trying to say is, SNK knows what they're doing, why don't we give them our support instead of saying, "I'm gonna wait and see what happens", when we know damn well that the games released are going to be INSANE! Just you wait, fuckers.:shame:

The Future Is Now

ShyningFade

Crossed Swords Squire
SnairDogg said:
This is the best thing for SNK, some of you don't want to believe/accept this, but the MVS is dead. As much as I don't want that to be, it is. If they continue to make games for MVS it will perplex my mind since bootleggers run rampant in this day and age, and 3d graphics seem to be the rage. Let me tell you this, though, folks 2d is coming back, and it's coming back hardcore. This 3d shit is retarded. The graphics have blown since virtua fighter and they still blow to this day. 2d games are where the fun is at. What I'm trying to say is, SNK knows what they're doing, why don't we give them our support instead of saying, "I'm gonna wait and see what happens", when we know damn well that the games released are going to be INSANE! Just you wait, fuckers.:shame:

The Future Is Now

Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially the "This 3d shit is retarded." line. :D

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
ShyningFade said:
Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially the "This 3d shit is retarded." line. :D

Same here man.;)

Spike23

Ninja Combat Warrior
Re: Re: I spoke to SNK today..

xtoo_short20x said:
I have a feeling the move to the Atomiswave will be the
final nail in the coffin.

ah, admit it.......you'll be all over the Atomiswave's nuts once those games come out and you know it.

why you ask? because you jumped all over Neo Geo's nuts in the same manner.

i want a change just to see how many fanboys truly exist. ;) (hell, i'll admit to being one once i get an Atomiswave........in about 2 years).

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Well, there's no way I'll waste money buying a shitty atomiswave arcade setup. Good news? Bad ass games and bad ass ports.

Can't wait; neo will always be around for laughs and good times.

Bad Mofo

Neo Geo Cup '98
Did anyone notice that the maximum amount of memory of an Atomiswave cart is only 128MB, so 1024Mbits? That is not that much over Neo Geo. High res graphics can be done in games like Guilty Gear, with a limited amount of characters. However, in games like KOF, with 20 characters or more this could become a problem...

I am no expert, but will this mean that we will see a new style of graphics, like The Rumble Fish?

Elaborate...

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Rumble Fish was an experiment more than anything, and its not exactly getting hot reviews so I doubt we'll be seeing games in that style any time soon by SNKP.

As for the Atomiswave cart memory limitation, if that's true, I'm sure they'll find a way to break that easily, just like they did with the Neo-Geo's various space limits. I highly doubt they would move to a new system that would bottleneck them in space again.

Curt

apostate
I haven't broken the news to my AES, I'm not sure she could take it... she's a tough old gal

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
EMAGDNIM said:
Quick Q...how much more is the atomiswave hardware compaired to the MVS format???

Atomiswave is basically a Dreamcast. If they wanted they could make the DC the next AES.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Spike said:
Same here man.;)

I think you three are the retarded ones :shame:

2D is right for some games. Like 2D fighters and Metal Slug, but would you want Final Fantasy and everything else that's in 3D that works, to go back to being in 2D? That's nonsense. :loco:

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
that kid in the sig is bullshit. Its so choregraphed, her knees dont even touch the ground, career in the WWE i think.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
I thought snkp won the court case of about 50 million dollars or something like that. Surely they can make the odd game or 2 every few years to keep the mvs & aes going, 50 mill is alot of money to just throw all on the atomiswave.

Besides, i thought the AW could only handal about a gig in storage, surely the aes an mvs can do more megs if they wanted it too, it just costs more money for more megs right! right guys!

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Kristian Meller said:
Atomiswave is basically a Dreamcast. If they wanted they could make the DC the next AES.

Atomiswave has more memory and a few other tweaks that the DC doesn't have, so chances are most AW games would have to be dumbed down a bit to run on a DC.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Kristian Meller said:
I think you three are the retarded ones :shame:

2D is right for some games. Like 2D fighters and Metal Slug, but would you want Final Fantasy and everything else that's in 3D that works, to go back to being in 2D? That's nonsense. :loco:

I was referring to 3d fighters, rpg's I have no problem with being done in 3d. I wasn't specific, but I thought it would have just been understood.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
What pisses me off about Mr.Playmore is that he never comes foward to the fans and tells them what the deal is. Its always rumours and confirmations through third parties and never from the source what the fuck is up with that?

There's no outpout explaining to fans the situation at hand.

Anyway, this thing that's happening is just a sign of the times. The arcades have seen their days, I don't see why Sammy doesn't skip producing for arcades and goes directly for the next gen market.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
DevilRedeemed said:
I don't see why Sammy doesn't skip producing for arcades and goes directly for the next gen market.

Sammy is desperately trying to be the next Capcom. They're buying out companies like SNK so they can find their 'Street Fighter 2' and revitalize the Arcade industry. It's a valiant attempt I must say, but will the mainstream embrace something like KOF when they know absolutely nothing about it? Hell, KOF has a history, so unless SNK-P starts from scratch by completely revamping the story and reintroducing the characters, they're going to be releasing games to a dumbfounded public that will hardly understand the series, the characters, and the entire premise behind the SNK universe.

In some ways they're starting over from scratch, and in actuality that could be just as risky as supporting a 13-year-old game system with out-dated 16-bit graphics. Hello SNK, welcome back to square one --I really hope you made the right decision.

Last edited: