I should be dead right now.

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
I got into a traffic accident two days ago that should have killed me. The UK ppl here should know what I am talking about.

I was driving along, and my two right tires got onto some slush. I hit the guy in front of me, forcing him into the center barrier. I myself skidded SIDEWAYS into the on-ramp just after the A142 junction with the A14.

I was travelling at ~70MPH during the impact, and at least 50 MPH while sliding, driver's side first, across the road, in an SUV. How I didn't flip is a miracle in my eyes, I should have flipped, and at that speed, it would have been multiple times. I escaped with no damage to myself, and minimal damage to my vehicle. I do feel sorry for the other guy... he didn't even know it was coming.

Not important to the rest of you, but I wanted to tell someone about it.

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
one question were you sliding on ice

if so that explains why you did not flip over sliding across the road could have offset the fact that that suv's are top heavy
in theory could have just been luck

ShuckNasty

Mr. Big's Thug
I thought the same thing, but it was definitly not ice.

I just don't understand it. I feel like I only have 8 strikes left.

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
yeah
2 days ago been lotta accident due to heavy snowing
strange It wasn't ice in your case
hopefully you're fine

btw

are you a Brit ?
from your flag I supposed you were an ameican living here at the moment
just curious:D

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
seatbelt yay or nay?

If you had a seatbelt on, flipping would not have done anything, since you would continue movie slowing to a stop. Most dangerous wrecks are sudden stops, see Dale Earnhardt's wreck where he died, there are many other more 'spectacular' wrecks that people walk away from because there is no 180 mph to 0 mph fact.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
Glad to hear you are still with us. I experienced something similar in a Pontiac LaMans. Damnedest thing I've ever been a part of. 75MPH, 200 feet of skid marks, an unseen stop sign, and the car in a ditch, and all we had to show for it was 4 flat spots on our tires. Go figure. Someone up there is tryin to keep us around for something.:buttrock:

gunrock46

Dodgeball Yakuza
This thread made me remeber about a trip some friends of mine made one weekend. They rented a Dodge Status and were driving back home (bout 90 miles I think). The passenger in the car thought it would be funny to pull the handbrake at about 70-80MPH. Wished I was in that car when he did that. I thought the car would have gone airborne, but I guess it went into a spin. Spun around about a dozen times if memory serves right.

That's some crazy shit.

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
ShuckNasty said:
I thought the same thing, but it was definitly not ice.

I just don't understand it. I feel like I only have 8 strikes left.
fatcat.jpg

he only has 8 strikes left

Glad you made it man. I've had more than a few brushes with death myself in the past... none of them fun. It puts a *NEW perspective on life overall and might even give a man belief in a divine being and see your life as being the intervention of such. Just glad your alright man! :cool:

MERCENARY X99

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
You were doing 70mph 2 days ago. Thats like 1 day after all the snow and the 5 hour gridlock on the M40 at stokenchurch.
No offence man but was way too fast to go, especially if your a new driver or have inadequate tires. Still its great your okay.

as my GF always says, "No luck, no coincidence. Everything happens for a reason."

I really wonder. Glad to hear you are ok. Do you have a different perspective on life, as MD had suggested?

My only accident happened on a bright summer day, while working 60 hour workweeks with a 1.5 hour commute. Fell asleep on the road near 50 mph on the winding northern jersey Rt. 94. Drove right off into a telephone pole. Luyckily, one of those short farmer's rock walls (the ones that crisscross once farmed areas now not bothered with, that are not cemented together at all) jutted out, and I crashed into it a second before hitting the phone poll.

My car, recked. I made it out with some back pain, and a gash in my tongue (bad one, but healed within a week).

Life goes on...

Oh, and I quit that awful job.