I see noting new in Slug 5 give me dolphin Blue instead !

nemezisx

Cham Cham's Banana
Not to be hating or anything , but alot of people bashed Slug 4 for being too much of the same, but after watching all five clips on the the-magicbox.com, i really dont see anything remotely different about Slug 5. Mind you this was not the entire game, I know, but noting impressed me at all, no new sound effects same size sprites, same standard guns, same egyptian background music, I know i may be asking for too much but after seeing Dolphin Blue, this was the type of big change i was expecting, something different ya know. Im sorry but 335.00 i wont be plowing down for this one.

:annoyed:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Have you played Dolphin blue or Metal Slug 5?

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
You obviously haven't played Dolphin Blue.
It fucking SUCKS.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
What Metal Slug needs is new situations, not new gameplay. New situations using the same gameplay. If you're familiar with Metal Slug, then you should have noticed a lot of new things going on. It makes no sense to point to a few things that are the same or similar and then accuse the whole game of being the same or think it's not worth it. It's another sequel. As a sequel it had better have some carry over! If you're tired of Slug then there are plenty of games to play that are shooters of a similar nature.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Kid Aphex said:
You obviously haven't played Dolphin Blue.
It fucking SUCKS.

And chops, and lags, and slows down, and basically rips on every single Metal Slug convention EVER concieved.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Just don t be big mouths on Dolphin Blue, it s not a slug, it s not perfect, but slug was not the first of his genre neither, i d say it s green berret rip-off (and i m sure green berret was not the first, it s just the oldest i remember) and then what ?

Everybody can have his opinion about a game, just respect... and i see in no way how dolphin blue slows more than say, a slug 2 (but that s true i ve not finished Dolphin Blue so i can t judge the whole game)...
Slug 5 appeals me for it s music.
Dolphin blue has a far better immersion power than metal slugs in my opinion, the 3d with its scripting makes you enter more in the game.

And i like that kind of game, slugs and dolphin, green berret and contra, megaman and jim power, carebears and gummies err no :P

So don t say, that sux, it s shit and all or i make you play my Playdia's Ultraman game and you will see what is a shitty game (and that is objective, not personnal opinion).

---

Anyway err... there allways has been gameplay enhances in Metal slug (except X ?), i like that, and anyway it s pure arcade happiness, allways sad when the game ends and just wait for the next one.

Last edited:

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
What the hell is Dolphin Blue? A PGM cart??? Never heard of this one I guess. Is it anything like Demon Front on the PGM?

ROBOTRON

Marked Wolf
Dolphin Blue

This games looks interesting...even if it appears to be a Slug clone.:spock:

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
Dolphin Blue looks very interesting, but since I don't live near any decent arcade, has there been any word on a console release?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nope, no console release, the guy said at the Sammy booth said there was gonna be no release as of right now

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I played Dolphin Blue with KA at E3 on the Atomiswave hardware. The slowdown was ATROCIOUS. I've never played Slug 2 (only one I haven't played now that I think about it) so I can't offer an opinion about its flaws.

However Dolphin Blue's slowdown was only one of the things I didn't enjoy about it. The entire time I kept thinking "This is exactly like Metal Slug, and I'd much rather be playing that than this."

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
The E3 version was an un-optimized, 80% finished game...
The final retail product is really good, but there is still a liiil bit of slow down from times to times but nothing annoying at all.

I really wonder what will be different with the announced kof2k3 on AtomisWave... because i think every arcades has at least a MVS... so they must do something great to make owners buy the later one (AW) or both... I was thinking about 3D background, kof98 style in a first time, but who knows, maybe it will be something else (high res ??).

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
BarfHappy said:
The E3 version was an un-optimized, 80% finished game...
The final retail product is really good, but there is still a liiil bit of slow down from times to times but nothing annoying at all.

I really wonder what will be different with the announced kof2k3 on AtomisWave... because i think every arcades has at least a MVS... so they must do something great to make owners buy the later one (AW) or both... I was thinking about 3D background, kof98 style in a first time, but who knows, maybe it will be something else (high res ??).

I played Dolphin Blue recently at the Fun Expo in September and it appears many of the slowdowns were eliminated. The game is available now according to Sammy ;)