I played Buriki 1 last night....

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
....after not playing for about a year or so ( SS:WR has been jammed in my hyper gathering dust) and you know what? its still fucking great!

Me and my uncle played for like 3 hours and we just had a great time with it, i thought it was take me ages to master again but i picked it back up so easy again all the moves came flooding back with faves like Gai, Saionji and Yong Song!

The atmosphere of the game still rocked and the graphics still had that spark and small touch's to make you look past them...

I proberbly won't play it for another year now :) but at least i know i'll still enjoy when i do comeback!

Edit : WISE FROM YOUR GWAVE FORUM!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:
The atmosphere of the game still rocked and the graphics still had that spark and small touch's to make you look past them...

lol classic

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
kernow said:
lol classic

LoL ok the graphics looks nasty....but not as bad as you may think, there is definately still something about them.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:
LoL ok the graphics looks nasty....but not as bad as you may think, there is definately still something about them.

agreed, plus its just damn fun to play.

I think the Hyper still manages to look decent today if judged next to ST-V and Sony ZN-1.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
agreed, plus its just damn fun to play.

I think the Hyper still manages to look decent today if judged next to ST-V and Sony ZN-1.

Hyper definitely has atmospheric games. Both SS games do as good a job as the 2D versions of bringing you into the world.

Last edited:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Buriki One is still worth owning a Hyper for. I bought the Hyper for this game alone and ended up with three others that are pretty good.

Its so unique a fighter that there are no other games that come close to it I know of. Its a bit of a mindwarp when you start playing but quickly I learned that it takes a different mindset to grasp the engine effectively.

Rushing is is usually punished very harshly so turtling and ring outs happen too often, other than that its great.

SSS

neo retired
Great game. Can any of you guys pull off Ryo's rushing combo with regularity? I can rarely execute it.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
There was a lot of advertising from real companies in that game - probably the most advertising I've ever seen in a video game ever. In a way, they added a realistic touch, but all in all I'm glad that the trend of ads in SNK games never took off.

Playing the game is like a time warp back to the world of ten years ago though, cause half those companies don't exist anymore. That alone really bumps up the nostalgia for me.

CADMAN2K

Kabuki Klasher
Buriki One

I have a Brand New Buriki one (with all art / documentation) with a Brand New Hyper (Rev 2 Jamma) Motherboard available for sale/Trade.
If anyone is interested drop me a PM.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
There was a lot of advertising from real companies in that game - probably the most advertising I've ever seen in a video game ever. In a way, they added a realistic touch, but all in all I'm glad that the trend of ads in SNK games never took off.

Playing the game is like a time warp back to the world of ten years ago though, cause half those companies don't exist anymore. That alone really bumps up the nostalgia for me.

Ha!

Is Boss coffee still around? I drank that by the gallon in high school.

SSS

neo retired
Even if there is slowdown, it's not a blazingly fast fighter anyway.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Buriki One is awesome, one of the most innovative control schemes I've ever seen in a video game. Hands down my favorite game on the Hyper.

SSS

neo retired
Phoenix Down said:
Buriki One is awesome, one of the most innovative control schemes I've ever seen in a video game. Hands down my favorite game on the Hyper.

You have a rev 1, what's the hold up? :)

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
The suplex chains with Sokolov are epic. Belly-to-belly to reverse Tiger, with a neck snap on the ground to finish. Aw yeah.

-Tech

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Magnaflux said:
Ha!

Is Boss coffee still around? I drank that by the gallon in high school.

Yep, Boss is still around - it's still quite popular actually.

You went to High school in Japan?!

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
The hyper, despite the graphics look good or bad have a very important similarity with the Neo: If you see a screenshot, you can just identify that it's a Hyper game.

And it really matters. It is what makes the Hyper unique.

If it wouldn't cost me an arm to get imported, a Hyper would be the my first choice as an arcade mobo.

If someone thinks can get me a sweet deal in sending one to Brazil, please PM me.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
Yep, Boss is still around - it's still quite popular actually.

You went to High school in Japan?!

lol no, there was a little Chinese market I used to pop into on the way to school in the morning.