I Need info ~Pics on Hyper 64 Games/Boards

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I won a Japanese Hyper 64 Mother board & Japanese Buriki One board.
I have no clue on what the mother board looks like nor the game.

I want to put this in my 4 slot..or another cab in time.

I don't know how to hook this up in my 4 slot..but that's info I need later.

How do I tell what Revision the Mother board is?
Do the mother boards look very different?

I like to see some pics of the games..and the hardware..Help Please..

I never followed this part of the Neo Geo scene..So I'm a newbee to this..but I'm getting more and more interested as I read the topics here.

KaedesBlade

Bead Banger
chris1 said:
I won a Japanese Hyper 64 Mother board & Japanese Buriki One board.
I have no clue on what the mother board looks like nor the game.

I want to put this in my 4 slot..or another cab in time.

I don't know how to hook this up in my 4 slot..but that's info I need later.

How do I tell what Revision the Mother board is?
Do the mother boards look very different?

I like to see some pics of the games..and the hardware..Help Please..

I never followed this part of the Neo Geo scene..So I'm a newbee to this..but I'm getting more and more interested as I read the topics here.

The Second Revision board has 5 white connectors near the jamma connector. Flip the PCB upside down, and you will see 2 switches. One for MONO/STEREO, the other for JAMMA/MVS mode.

If your cab is wired for MVS and have a 2nd revision board, all you have to do is flip the 2 on-board switch to MVS, and Stereo, done.

My cab is wired for MVS but the TEST Button is wired for Jamma. I never got around to fixing it. So I set the hyper board on Jamma setting with Stereo sound. Works like a charm. You will need to wire a TESt button if you haven't done so already, because there aren't any hard dips on board. No way to access the TEST Menu without it. or you can use that paperclip trick.

Pic with Fatal Fury inserted to the PCB:
http://www.neo-geo.com/gallery/collections/KaedesBlade/5.jpg

The Version 1 board only has only 2 white connection, fully jamma and outputs mono sound.

Last edited:
Re: Re: I Need info ~Pics on Hyper 64 Games/Boards

KaedesBlade said:
The Version 1 board only has only 2 white connection, fully jamma and outputs mono sound.

Actually the version 1 board also outputs stereo sound. You just need to connect the extra connection-harness to the speakers.

Also the version 1 board has the extra connection for the power supply (+5V).

Charles

Last edited:

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
yup it is a bit of a pain to wire the extra 5v into an existing supergun (depending on make/model, of course) but i have that version and it does have stereo.

but if you're putting it into a cab you won't have to worry about that as much.

i've been meaning to take some pics of the kits i have and capture some videos, but i've been busy lately. i'll try to get some up within the week.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
kafuin_gaira said:
yup it is a bit of a pain to wire the extra 5v into an existing supergun (depending on make/model, of course) but i have that version and it does have stereo.

i've been meaning to take some pics of the kits i have and capture some videos, but i've been busy lately. i'll try to get some up within the week.

(take some pics of the kits i have and capture some videos)

That would be cool..

Stone

n00b
kafuin_gaira said:

Not true - not true at all. If you have a rev1 board you should worry LOTS and CONSTANTLY about connecting the extra 5V harness to the board until you've done so because if you don't then YOUR BOARD WILL DIE. It will survive and even run without it, FOR A WHILE. Don't take the risk; preserve our arcade heritage.

Sorry for the shouting, I'd truly hate to see even one more of these boards cop it due to ignorance :(

Stone

Stone said:
Not true - not true at all. If you have a rev1 board you should worry LOTS and CONSTANTLY about connecting the extra 5V harness to the board until you've done so because if you don't then YOUR BOARD WILL DIE. It will survive and even run without it, FOR A WHILE. Don't take the risk; preserve our arcade heritage.

Sorry for the shouting, I'd truly hate to see even one more of these boards cop it due to ignorance :(

Stone

I think that he meant that installing a version 1 board into a cab will not be as painfull as modifying a supergun to run it.

Because in a cab you can easily wire the +5V and GND cables directly to the power supply. And with a supergun, you will need to hack the cables into the jamma harness.

He never said that you do not need to hook the extra +5V cable to the version 1 board in a cab.

Charles

Stone

n00b
Charles Franklin Fernandez said:
I think that he meant that installing a version 1 board into a cab will not be as painfull as modifying a supergun to run it.

Because in a cab you can easily wire the +5V and GND cables directly to the power supply. And with a supergun, you will need to hack the cables into the jamma harness.

He never said that you do not need to hook the extra +5V cable to the version 1 board in a cab.

Yeah, that's how i took it too; I just didn't want to give the impression that it was possible to get away with not connecting the extra harness. I own a Surf Planet boardset that's had this done to it (this also needs an extra power harness) and the 0V pins on one side of the JAMMA connector are almost completely burned away. I've not got around to hooking up the extra connector yet (more important stuff to do, like play Buriki One :D) but it could well have destroyed the whole board in the process.

Don't do it, kids - your PCBs won't thank you ;)

Stone

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
thanks for clearing that up if i made it sound otherwise. i definitely don't want to loose my hyper either :shame: