I need a Nintendo DS! ! !

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Guys, I'm about to explode if I don't get one of these! A buddy brought one over the other day and I was just floored by it.

Am I overreacting or are they as awesome as I'm making them out to be? I honestly never really play my Gameboy SP (or my Advance) but somehow I'm thinking that a DS would be different....

Lucent Beam

Armored Scrum Object
The DS is a beautiful machine.
I play mine at least once a day every single day, but probably more often than that even.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
You're right, the DS is the best handheld system ever made design and game-library wise.

Angel

Morden's Lackey
don't waste your money on a DS, if i wasn't a collector, i'd sell you mine. Mine continues to collect dust, and has absolutely nothing to offer a gamer like myself, Mature gamer in the 25-30 age range, i don't need 15 million brain and puzzle games or the mario knock offs and the like. I'll stick with my psp.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Angel said:
don't waste your money on a DS, if i wasn't a collector, i'd sell you mine. Mine continues to collect dust, and has absolutely nothing to offer a gamer like myself, Mature gamer in the 25-30 age range, i don't need 15 million brain and puzzle games or the mario knock offs and the like. I'll stick with my psp.

Ban for being influenced by trendy, "mature" Sony marketing plz.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I love my DS, and I am older than the avg age here. It is a great machine with alot of good games (but only a few are truly great). Elite Beat Agent alone is owning me right now.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
DS is meh

I kind of wish I didn't buy one now

I prefer the GBA library

and yes, I know I can play them on it too, but the DS has been boring for the last few months (save for Hotel Dusk, but that game isn't for everyone)

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
imagamer2 said:
Guys, I'm about to explode if I don't get one of these! A buddy brought one over the other day and I was just floored by it.

Am I overreacting or are they as awesome as I'm making them out to be? I honestly never really play my Gameboy SP (or my Advance) but somehow I'm thinking that a DS would be different....
Yes the DS is awesome (especially the DS Lite). You need to get one, Final Fantasy III is awesome, you can play all your gba games on it, and it's only going to get better. Wifi is cool although I wish it was more friendly to find your friends (instead of having to put in your friend codes specifically - oh well). And when they start making use of it so it interacts with the Wii, that's gonna be insane. Get one, ignore the haters.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
roker said:
DS is meh

I kind of wish I didn't buy one now

I prefer the GBA library

and yes, I know I can play them on it too, but the DS has been boring for the last few months (save for Hotel Dusk, but that game isn't for everyone)

This is VERY true. But for me the Castlevanias are the seller. I am digging Lunar Knights so far though.

I still play my GBA constantly. So much greatness. Couple that with the newer backlit SP's and I am set for years.

Still DS > PSP by a LOOONNNGGGG shot.

Angel

Morden's Lackey
I've had fun with my DS, playing FFIII and Nanostray, but thats about it. When I look at the DS library and look at the PSP library, i'm going to put my money on the PSP. With games like Socom, Syphon Filter, GTA, Untold Legends, plus online games are better on the PSP, Socom kicks ass online. But again, thats just me and my taste in games.

Last edited:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I've been debating on picking up one of those backlit SPs.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
68k said:
I've been debating on picking up one of those backlit SPs.

imagine the DS Lite screen but no black borders. extra-super-deluxe-rocket-launch! The SP backlit unit is the best handheld console ever made.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
imagine the DS Lite screen but no black borders. extra-super-deluxe-rocket-launch! The SP backlit unit is the best handheld console ever made.

Ugghhh why did you have to put it like that. Now I have to get one :(.

Gunstar Super Heroes will probably be my first purchase.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
68k said:
Ugghhh why did you have to put it like that. Now I have to get one :(.

Gunstar Super Heroes will probably be my first purchase.

I replayed games just to see them on the new screen. Good stuff.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
shameless self promotion:

i have an original platinum ds for sale - see my thread in everything else

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i like the micro alot.
wish more games would come out for the regular gba.

Angel

Morden's Lackey
the one thing i wish would come out for the DS is a MMORPG. The DS would be the perfect handheld for such a game. 1 screen for action, 1 screen as a keyboard for chat, or microphone for chat. And no stupid friend code bullshit either, an actual online game with more than 5 people.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Angel said:
I've had fun with my DS, playing FFIII and Nanostray, but thats about it. When I look at the DS library and look at the PSP library, i'm going to put my money on the PSP. With games like Socom, Syphon Filter, GTA, Untold Legends, plus online games are better on the PSP, Socom kicks ass online. But again, thats just me and my taste in games.

I like the PSP too but I wouldn't use Untold Legends as a barometer for good games. The best dungeon hack on PSP is Dungeon Siege Thrones of Agony, that's 10x better than crap like UL. Don't get me wrong, I like the PSP but DS is more pickup and play portable gaming goodness. PSP is more like a strip down PS2 which is not necessarily good for portable gaming.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
rarehero said:
i like the micro alot.
wish more games would come out for the regular gba.

I like the micro too, I play it a lot cuz its easier to sneak around with at work. AND it has a headphone jack. But, I like the size of the SP screen best.

Plus...i would like more games too...but the existing library is almost too much to play in a lifetime! So much good stuff to go back and play that you didn't even know about.

Nubcakes

Stakes Winner
The DS is a good system...but yeah you are making it out to be better than it is. It's just after a while the alure of it dies down. I barely play mine but I don't regret buying it. It's a good system....just waiting for cardfighters clash to come out.