I just received a random email from Retro Gamer Magazine about an upcoming Neo Geo article

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That dude in the pic has no idea how to use a joystick.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Figures the anal log interactive would be in there. That slimy fuck probably hit up retrogamer as part of his advertising campaign. Being none the wiser, one would think Christoph 'created' the CMVS after reading that paragraph.
I shouldn't laugh, but 'Anal log interactive' seriously cracked me up! :oD

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Wasn't one of their employees or editors involved in a legendary thread on here?

Edit: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...gazine-s-terrible-Metal-Slug-feature-reviewed!

Anyway, good luck if you decide to help them out. I have no horse in this race.

You know he still lurks the internet, waiting for negative comments about him, then arguing? There was an Amiga article which mentioned him in a British newspaper. Needless to say, once someone criticised him on their site, he showed up.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Tossed aside again. Whatever. I'm done teaching people how to make stuff on their own if shit like this keeps happening.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Who gives a damn what the gamers have to say about Neo-Geo.

Interviewing ex-Nazca/SNK developers from the 90s would be 100x more interesting/worthy than whatever some nerd collector's thoughts about the Neo.

Shit magazine catering to manchildren.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Tossed aside again. Whatever. I'm done teaching people how to make stuff on their own if shit like this keeps happening.

I'm pretty surprised they didn't add that part in there. Not sure why they asked my opinions, and whom ever else they did. Not quite sure why they basically featured a product that does half the stuff a supergun does, and is over twice the cost. I've never used an analogue interactive CMVS, they do look nice and all, but you are essentially paying a grand for a $80.00 one slot, an RGB encoder(if that's what they come with), and then paying $900.00 for a block of wood. If I remember correct they use to be more.

I'm going to email that Damien fella and suggest they do a cover on building superguns, and tell that guy to contact you. I'm going to include pics of my supergun you made me as well.

The Neo Geo keeps being marketed as a unobtainable console for some elite group of rich bastards, when really Nintendo collecting is on par these days.

Last edited:

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
The AI CMVS is way overpriced but then so is a lot of other arcade stuff including superguns. Especially considering what a supergun essentially is and what the cost is of making the most primitive one:

supergun.jpg

I agree that for anybody in the US, Xian Xi's superguns are a no brainer and pricing is very fair too. For EU though there are shipping / customs to consider + unlikely yet possible warranty work which also involves shipping back and forth, which is where buying locally or within the region has its advantages.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'm pretty surprised they didn't add that part in there. Not sure why they asked my opinions, and whom ever else they did. Not quite sure why they basically featured a product that does half the stuff a supergun does, and is over twice the cost. I've never used an analogue interactive CMVS, they do look nice and all, but you are essentially paying a grand for a $80.00 one slot, an RGB encoder(if that's what they come with), and then paying $900.00 for a block of wood. If I remember correct they use to be more.

I'm going to email that Damien fella and suggest they do a cover on building superguns, and tell that guy to contact you. I'm going to include pics of my supergun you made me as well.

The Neo Geo keeps being marketed as a unobtainable console for some elite group of rich bastards, when really Nintendo collecting is on par these days.

Having skimmed the article, that is a great idea. Your comment about the current state of Nintendo collecting compared to Neo is completely on point too.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
The Neo article Edge did way back is miles better than this. Plus that AI jackass was nowhere to be found back then which is always a bonus.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Glad I have never seen this shitty magazine on the shelves.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Glad I have never seen this shitty magazine on the shelves.

I have mixed feelings. A lot of it's fluff (and there's way too much of a focus on shitty 80s computer systems that only Europeans cared about), but I don't mind reading each issue once. After 150 issues, though, there's not much more to say about most consoles and great games.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
b51c99ab799ce502e3552e2f44aa8aae.jpg

8091b3ac77a88771424bd95ed23feb9a.jpg

1712a2464a2f8f310cfb62cd3f8bdae1.jpg

9a58fe60f48206ebac3798e79a8454b7.jpg

0ea75f09aebdc6304b3bf7c774a63421.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which issue of Retro Gamer is this article from?

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
been checking a Barnes and Noble by me for 3 weeks in SD and still only have 145 from last month :(

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
been checking a Barnes and Noble by me for 3 weeks in SD and still only have 145 from last month :(

Was waiting for a minute, paid a visit last week and bought issue 145 at CC Philly B&N.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Who gives a damn what the gamers have to say about Neo-Geo.

Interviewing ex-Nazca/SNK developers from the 90s would be 100x more interesting/worthy than whatever some nerd collector's thoughts about the Neo.

Shit magazine catering to manchildren.

It's amazing what people here will not spend 15 bucks on, then buy this because there's a Neo Geo article in there.

Guys, send me 15 bucks and I'll PM you some awesome links.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Just picked up my issue today. I buy this magazine every month.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
It's amazing what people here will not spend 15 bucks on, then buy this because there's a Neo Geo article in there.

Whats your paypal or 900 number -- I need hints, tips, and tricks for Castlevania.

Getting the mag is kind of cool, reminds me of the good ol' EGM and GamePro days.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante

I don't read the internet on the toilet ;)