I just got a super neo 29 candy, have a question

Hi, I just got a beautiful super neo 29 candy cab in great shape (no discolouring, just a few scratches and tiny dings here and there). I have yet to recieve anything to plug into it tho (stuff is in the mail). I was wondering how (if it is even possible) I could be sure the monitor works without having a PCB to plug into it, any help would be appreciated!
thanks

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Won't you get a test screen if you power up with no hardware installed? Not sure since I never tried so don't take my word for it.

Just something I heard. It was either test screen or exploding screen, one of the two but I forget. frown

When I turn it on the screen comes on, very bright, it looks like a TV without a picture on it. There is a test button which I pushed but it didn't seem to do anything, maybe it tests the pcb? The instructions are in japanese of course so they are little help.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
If you turn on the cab without a motherboard the screen should be white and flicker a bit. If it does that, it's fine. Just turn it on quickly to check and then turn it off and wait for the motherboard.

glee

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
If all is well you should get a "blank raster"
Grey screen, nothing else. It may also be off colour, hint of red green or blue.
Maybe a frame flicker (depending on monitor pcb type) as there will be no sync.

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
odd, I own a neo 29" and if I power it up with nothing on it, I don't get anything. I hear the monitor power up, but the screen is black.

Anyway, my system works great, so don't freak out if you don't get anything when you turn it on. Maybe the neo 29" monitor boards are a little different than most, or maybe mine is just wired funny, I don't know.

Thanks for the help everyone, it seems fine based on all you've said. Now I've just to wait some more for my board...