I just got a NiTD AES for $80! Zupapa AES and Shock Troopers AES still in stock!

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
Originally posted by BC_Gambit:
<strong>I'm glad some people in this community got a good deal.

I'm just sad it wasn't me :) </strong><hr></blockquote>

you did'nt find our deal good? damn i wish i had never done it now :( ah well, how is she treating ya?

BC_Gambit

Beni,
Wow, looooong delay for a reply:

Yup, I can't complain about Pyro's cab. Its buttons are much more comfy than an average MVS units buttons.

I've swapped out what looked like a dying critical safety capacitor to try and brighten the monitor, but it didn't help much. I won't give up though. I still have a few things to try.

In an unrelated, but still monitor concerned note:
Last night I replaced the "big blue" capacitor at the bottom of my original Gauntlet game. That thing was pretty dam large for a capacitor, but I read when it dries out (say, over 20 odd years) it can cause lots of funky problems (monitor type problems and what not). Replaced it, and now the monitor works waaay better (does not flash brighter at random times, looks healthier etc).

All in all, good times.

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
Originally posted by BC_Gambit:
<strong>Wow, looooong delay for a reply:

Yup, I can't complain about Pyro's cab. Its buttons are much more comfy than an average MVS units buttons.

I've swapped out what looked like a dying critical safety capacitor to try and brighten the monitor, but it didn't help much. I won't give up though. I still have a few things to try.

In an unrelated, but still monitor concerned note:
Last night I replaced the "big blue" capacitor at the bottom of my original Gauntlet game. That thing was pretty dam large for a capacitor, but I read when it dries out (say, over 20 odd years) it can cause lots of funky problems (monitor type problems and what not). Replaced it, and now the monitor works waaay better (does not flash brighter at random times, looks healthier etc).

All in all, good times.</strong><hr></blockquote>

wanna sell it back? lol i dought it :)

BC_Gambit

Beni,
Actually, I'm a bit afraid to tell you this, but here goes.

After I read your original post in this thread (just after I posted) I was inspired to fart around with the monitor on the MVS some more.

Using the knobs on the neck board for colour cut off and (?) I can't remember the other ones name, I was able to fiddle with the colours.

The colours can now be made bright enough to play very well without that "bleed" (if you know what I mean... that white dragging effect).

I'm impressed. Its still not my brightest monitor, but it holds its own. I'm able to play during the day when the lights are on, and do it quite easily. Compared to when you last saw it, you'd swear I put a new monitor in.

I'm afraid telling you this will make you wanna kick yourself, but don't. Just promise to stop by anytime you're in PG for some KOF 98 and what not :) .