I HATE... being fooked over....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'm guessing you already tried the most common/easy passwords? 123456, 111111, 666666, 999999, 000000, etc?

Or maybe your device automatically has some sort of algorithm rather than a linear traversal from 000000-999999?

It's Linear... I can start it from whatever I decide... BUT... it still has to go through the combinations... so it's Pot luck really:D

The issue is Apple sets a time limit before a new code can be tried... and that's what takes the time:(

xROTx

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
6 digit pass code is going to be a birthday, so it's going to start with either 0, 1 or 2. 1 being the average, and it taking 20 days to go through each of the starting numbers, I reckon somewhere between 20 and 40 days. So I'm guessing 28 Days Later.

Outside chance it could be a 3 at the start too I guess.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
100 days and it'll end up being a birthday date backwards.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
4 days. I'm optimistic. Also does this pawn shop ship to Ireland and have any sweet deals at the mo? Nothing in particular in mind, just love a bargain.

My numerical passwords are never birthdays. I like to go with my favorite KOF games in random order. 96, 98, and 02. Sometimes I mix up the numbers too. Maybe he was a fan. Try KOF combos!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
4 days. I'm optimistic. Also does this pawn shop ship to Ireland and have any sweet deals at the mo? Nothing in particular in mind, just love a bargain.

My numerical passwords are never birthdays. I like to go with my favorite KOF games in random order. 96, 98, and 02. Sometimes I mix up the numbers too. Maybe he was a fan. Try KOF combos!

I can ship anywhere in the world... but as you know by now I'm lazy...

I owe Wasabi a bottle of whisky... some confectionary... and other stuffs... (Yup... still sitting on my living room floor...)
I owe gum_drops some pics and quotes for stuff...
I owe Ren Chan some pics and quotes for stuffs...
I owe Tak a game I ordered of ebay for him and other stuffs... (2 months I've had that damn game on my shelf...)
etc etc etc...

xROTx

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I can ship anywhere in the world... but as you know by now I'm lazy...

I owe Wasabi a bottle of whisky... some confectionary... and other stuffs... (Yup... still sitting on my living room floor...)
I owe gum_drops some pics and quotes for stuff...
I owe Ren Chan some pics and quotes for stuffs...
I owe Tak a game I ordered of ebay for him and other stuffs... (2 months I've had that damn game on my shelf...)
etc etc etc...

xROTx

I picture a cat that needs to go to a box to poo, but just does it on the carpet because that's closer.

The struggle is real.

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
84 days Rot.....and Rochdale....you're still on the wrong side of the Pennines!

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I'll get in on this:

42 days.
Because Hitchhiker's Guide.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I don't want to be in the running for this one because I'm fresh from the money pile win, so this one is for posterity only: 137 days

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Is a brute force method viable if you have to run the MAC for over a hundred days. I mean can you run the MAC that long continuously and what if you have power lost do you have to start over.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
"The xsq living memorial search function".

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Is a brute force method viable if you have to run the MAC for over a hundred days. I mean can you run the MAC that long continuously and what if you have power lost do you have to start over.

If you look at the device he posted, it's external and running independent of the Mac. If there is a power outage, I'm guessing it will just sit and wait for the machine to get turned back on so it can resume. Looks like a pretty nice device, actually. Probably good to have in the pawn business.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I'll get in on this:

42 days.
Because Hitchhiker's Guide.

Question: How many days must a machine try passwords?
Answer: 42

My guess is 50 since DNSDies took the one I was gonna use.