I found out there's a new Contra game

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
While shopping last night. Came across this:

mmexport1496931126807.jpg

Contra: Hero Returns. Chinese title 魂斗罗英雄归来.

Developed by fucking Tencent, the equivalent of whoever made those games on facebook. It's a phone game. Utter shit. Look it up on youtube to see Konami shamelessly whoring itself out to the Chinese market, there must be some vids on youtube. It is utterly terrible. Dunno if it's coming stateside.

Contra is one of if not my favorite game series. What a shame.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
On the bright side, Pringles are pretty tasty.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lol, China.

I thought it was a copy or something at first but it's a legit, legal canon Contra.

Guess when there's a potential market of a billion people there's money to be made. Leave the morals at the door.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I mourned the loss of Contra years ago...

BTW, what flavors are those chips? $30-shipped if you'll send me a couple of cans.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

BTW, what flavors are those chips? $30-shipped if you'll send me a couple of cans.

it's probably just cheese and onion and original.

looks like shit. loved hard core and contra 4 but what should we really be expecting from konami from now on?.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Ironically, I just got Contra Advance yesterday CIB. I will be playing it today on the GB player in memory of a once great franchise.

Hardcorps Heat and Soylent Green.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
it's probably just cheese and onion and original.

looks like shit. loved hard core and contra 4 but what should we really be expecting from konami from now on?.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I just don't get the drive for touch based action games on cell phones. Zero tactile response from a stupid cell phone = complete lack of real control, especially with a game like Contra that is all about control over the on screen character.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Quality of the game aside, I think it's pretty sweet that Contra even got a food-related promotion like that, especially this long after the series glory days (not to mention the NECA action figures too). Are game-related food promotions like that a pretty common thing in China, LoneSage? All we ever seem to have here anymore are Mountain Dew Call of Duty/Halo tie-ins.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member

+1 send me some cans sage

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I liked the Chinese only arcade remake of contra. Do you still see that in arcades over there Lonesage?
e7bc53ef9aa6e6daa07308a2820bee64.jpg

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Gotcha, thanks. Has there been no other news about that since 2011?

I found a copy online that I was able to play on pc that I ran in a cab like that here. I looked into getting one and I found one on a Chinese site which looked like a pc style board like taito type x stuff, but I was not certain it wasn't just a bootleg either. Game plays great, sound is good, and a real shame they didn't release it over here. I would love to see a deluxe version of that game 4 player style, but I guess this type of coin op game doesn't really show up anywhere anymore to be viable.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
All the popup numbers are very chinese MMO -esque.
They get some of it right, but the rest is just a bit too much.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

The red one is 原味 - original flavor.

The green one is 酸乳酪洋葱味 - sour cream and onion.

Are you for realsies though? The chips will most likely break by the time they arrive. And who knows what customs will do with food. But if you really want them, sure. Next time I get a chance I'll look at the price. How many would you want?

Same for Kiel

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
One of each at least!