I finished today...

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
agreed!

Can you tell me about this pcb? Where did you get it and will it allow for video on the model 2 Genny to be amped? I hate saccing the model one Genny :(

It has 2P controller logic and pots and caps for RGB. I had a few made up to try out the idea. The RGB is a bit on the high side. It's at 1.2V on my Wells K7000, but the contrast and brightness adjust take care of it nicely. I don't know about amping the RGB for model 2, tapping from the 4.7K resistor seems to do the trick. I guess if you removed the 3 caps you could add whatever style amp you wanted to after that point.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
3 button or 6 button?

Shadows made something similar about a year ago that is right on the edge PCB. I managed to convince him to send one my way but haven't used it because it is for 3 button pads.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Oh ya...I wanted to do it all on one pcb that included the jamma edge as well. But for small proto runs adding the custom cut for key and the nickel plating on the edge put them into the absurd price range. I didn't even look into the gold overplate at that point :p These are also two 3 button setups btw.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Rearranged cabs, was a total bitch. Now I need to inch everything to the right a tad so player on the far left isn’t making love to the wall :shame:

15636416775_ecb2eeda2e_z.jpg

15636527275_86ebfe707e_z.jpg

15450287898_133da35955_z.jpg

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Line em up!:buttrock:

The Super 29 is looking real sharp, congrats!

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Lookin nice Chem. I'd just put the 1p cab against the wall (swap the 1p and 2p brastarus)

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Oh ya...I wanted to do it all on one pcb that included the jamma edge as well. But for small proto runs adding the custom cut for key and the nickel plating on the edge put them into the absurd price range. I didn't even look into the gold overplate at that point :p These are also two 3 button setups btw.

have any spares? what would it take to get one or two from you?

Also chem, looking really REALLY good! I'm really impressed!

Chempop

Thanks K-2, hoping to schedule another meet soon.

Skate, good idea and definitely the logical decision. I went with putting the two verts in the middle because they are what I’ll be using the most, so I went personal comfort > guests’ comfort :p

Thanks for the neo player loom Lemony! Now if only the 1slot mobo didn’t have a faulty P2 start button :mad::very_ang::blow_top:

Last edited:

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Moved some stuff out of and around the game room. I wanted to showcase the cabinets a little better. The four uprights used to be right next to each other on the wall.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416327399.485545.jpg

The space on the right has a 27" monitor for Steam in a bookshelf that has the back taken out, so I can keep the room flow open. There's a crt on top of the beer fridge for the SNES.

I can easily move a long HDMI cable from the PS3 in the silkworm cabinet to the 27" monitor, or use it to play steam games in the cabinet.

I'll eventually get that yellow out of the NNC.

Chempop

m1chelsen, Nice versatile setup you’ve made for yourself. The only concern I have is using the stick with a PCB directly attached to it, seems like the board would get jostled around a tad. Wouldn’t using a jamma loom to make some space between the PCB and stick be a much safer option?

cornerstone, nice room!

Chempop

Nope, maybe that was Trenog you’re thinking?

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
first test panel using my stack of blanks , 2ton press, and qmax punches :D

made a template of my HOT-2005 panel.

15690542619_3feb0bb712_c.jpg

enlarged the holes with a 3/8" bit to fit the punch

15690543959_9d5cd43804_c.jpg

pretty easy if you use a vise to hold the bottom of the punch and use plenty of grease.

15874566221_e06da0622a_c.jpg

a shitload of holes later....

15850750476_13a234f075_c.jpg

templates rock

15876560915_e2e21cd758_c.jpg

stud mounts in. good to go :D

15690790267_b0b15265c4_c.jpg

Last edited:

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
USB Spinner Module For Mame/PC use

spinner02.jpgspinner01.jpg

Here's a USB spinner I made using a high-res optical encoder and a Kinetis K20 ARM M4 controller. Arkanoid is finally playable in Mame :) The knob is very weighted so a good spin will keep it going nearly 20 seconds.

The total cost of the project was about the same as a commercially available spinner module (just the module, no case or buttons) but none of those would fit in the low-profile case I wanted to use.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
^ I always thought about putting one of these together. Nicely done!

Where did you get that low-profile case? It looks like the perfect size for a specialty controller like this.

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
that is sweet, could you post a pic of the inside ? I'm curious :)

I didn't take shots of the inside unfortunately. There's barely any room in the case so to take clear shots I'll need to unwire it first. Basically there's a small pcb on the bottom 1/2 of the enclosure and joystick wire connecting up the buttons and rotary encoder connections (it takes 4). There's also a small micro usb to USB-A connector feeding the panel mount Neutrik connector on the back.

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
SNK LS-30 Rotary Joystick to USB Adapter (WIP)

Yesterday I received two LS-30 Rotary Joysticks and started working on firmware to use them in Mame. It's not much to look at yet but here's my test rig:

LS30.jpg

The firmware presents itself as a USB HID composite device which enumerates a keyboard for the rotation control and a standard joystick for normal directional movement and buttons. I'm using a Chinese knock off the Sparkfun Pro Micro Atmega32u4 dev board. They are like $6 on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-Leonard...690?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce4285eb2

The carrier board with the screw terminals and ZIF socket is something I made awhile back to flash these easier.

It's not really playable without an enclosure but I plan to make one soon with 3 or 4 additional buttons.

Here's a quick video of me spinning Che in SNK's "Guevera" (Guerrilla War).

Once I get the enclosure built and tested I can post the firmware if anyone is interested in making one.