I fanaly got my first AES from the RB episodes. Did I made a mistake?

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
So I finaly decided today to buy Real bount 2, I was a fan of the fatalfury games when they first came out, especially FFspecial, but I stopped at FF3 and had never played any RBfatalfury...
Since I'm a lucky owner of an US Motw AES, I told myself that the previous episodes would worth a try...

I was going for the RB special, but the cartitdge was in real bad condition and they were selling the RB2 at the same price (which was by the way 190 $$ for a mint Japanese AES, was it too expensive?).:annoyed:

I just 'd the time to play it an hour, and I really find it's a good game, but for a true opinion I'll have to try it longer...:glee:

But from what I've heard, RBspecial is a better game for the neo fan's....:annoyed:

Should I've waited to find a good RBspecial AES?

Is it worth it to own both of them?

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Both RB2 and RBSp are great games, I like RB2 a little more.

Both are way better than the original Real Bout FF.

But my favorite from the Real Bout series is RB2.

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
I actualy own the Fatalfury of the neogeopocket, and it's realy similar to RB2...
So i finaly see the true version of rick, his a realy coll caracter, I've just tried him for 15 minutes and he has impresive moves and a prety coll P-power:buttrock:
I also liked tung-fu-rue in FFspecial, his drawing evolution and moves are great.:smirk:
ENOUGH talking , I'm going back to my neo to try geese and krauser (both old friends):buttrock:

CHRiZ-77

Gal Ageise's Demon
The whole Fatal-Fury/Real Bout-Series is worth to buy it!

If you´ve picked up Real Bout 2, you´ve one of the really best 2D-Fighter´s today...

Even RBS and RB are quite amazing. Great Games, but if i had to choose one of them, you´re gone my way! RB2 Baby, this Game really rocks... :buttrock:

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
I've got all of them and they all rock.

It's really a nice thing to change taste every now and then :)

And.. 190 dollar is a bit high, but the game is worth it, especially in mint condition.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Each Real Bout has its own unique qualities that any true Neo fan can appreciate.

Personally, my favorite is RB2, then RBS, then RBFF.

All are great games though.

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
190 sounds high, but clearly it was worth it since you bought it ;) .

Real Bout 2 is among my favorite fighters. Prepare to spend the next few months trying to figure out all the combos and supers, along with finding the elusive Alfred.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
RBS is way better than RB2 in control and graphic wise.
RB is fun to play as you can knock your opponent off the ring :)

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
Yeah, knock Blue Mary into the water in Real Bout. That's worth the price of admission. ;)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Liquid Snake said:
RBS is way better than RB2 in control and graphic wise.
RB is fun to play as you can knock your opponent off the ring :)
Way better control and graphics ? Hah...
We must not have been playing the same games...

RB2 > RBS

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Special has a lot more graphical touches, such as stage intros and destroyable backgrounds. RB2 is more one on one intense fighting experience. So you can say RBS is more fun, but RB2 is more rewarding.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I know about the intro stuff and some win poses that got removed in RB2... Same for breakable stuff... Although those extras don't make the GRAPHICS better, really...
They're nice touch but that's it.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Stifu said:
Way better control and graphics ? Hah...
We must not have been playing the same games...

RB2 > RBS

RBS > RB2

just different opinion

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I know, but I was expecting you to back up what you were saying. (about RBS having "way better graphics" and stuff)

Never mind.

Mike

Bead Banger
The only thing that I don't like about RB2 is the fact that there is no break between rounds and matches.

Quite literally, you are going from opponent to opponent in one huge single continuous match.

RB2 is cool when you need a fighting "fix" but for a more rewarding experience in terms of SNK goodness (level intro's, BG's, Music) go with RBS or RB.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Mike said:
(...) but for a more rewarding experience in terms of SNK goodness (level intro's, BG's, Music) go with RBS or RB.
-Level intros, okay... Definitely.

-BGs... Hum, depends which ones.
For instance, I think Tung's one in RBS is pretty cool (plus it's similar to his FFS stage), whereas his stage in RB2 isn't all that great.
On the other hand, Duck's stage in RBS is empty and really doesn't fit him, whereas his stage in RB2 is a lot cooler and more appropriate.

-Music... I don't think so really. The music in RB2 is great and I don't think the music in the previous title was better, really.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Stifu said:
I know, but I was expecting you to back up what you were saying. (about RBS having "way better graphics" and stuff)

Never mind.

Read Mike's response.
That's exactly what I want to say :)

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
Anyway, since it seem's for evrybody that RB,RBS and RB2 are real great games, I will have to buy them one day (probably more like in a year or two, since we are going to spend quite a lote of money with the new games comming out....)

As a matter of fact I don't really care anymore: RB2 is a great game, and was worth buying:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Actually I'm having much more fun with it, than with the l last fighting game I bought (KOF02, which is a good game don't misundestand me).

And in the end, not having played any RB before, is a positive thing: I can easily wait for SVC chaos, with a great game, I don't even know if will buy it on the day of it's realese (maybe a week or two after)
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Since I realy don't think I will be bored until then with this game:D :D

And I still've to play it with my little brother, who's the only players who knowes my techniques by heart (and since so do I,it makes a realy good competion):smirk: :smirk:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Be careful. If you play real bout and kof '02, you'll really kick ass in svc! It seems to be a hybrid of both games actually.