i didn't know this till now...

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
i didn't know that you can play the bgm music from kof 98 on the dreamcast. i was just bored and all of a sudden all the tracks came up. i tried it with 99 but no good.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Do you mean in a CD player?

How could you be bored playing kof? :oh_no:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member

Kinda', but not quite.
To play the music tracks, cut and butchered as they are, you have to start the system with either the disc-drive open or without a disc in.
In the start-up screen, go to music and select, then insert the King Of Fighters '99: Dream match never ends disc.
The DC music player will play the files as you want as a normal CD player would. However, the disc will not play on a normal CD player.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I see, I see.

I wondered what he meant.

Considering that DC uses that special format (GD ROMS) that makes sense that it wouldn't play in a cd player.

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
Syxx573 said:

How could you be bored playing kof? :oh_no:
:glee: kof is one of the ultimate fighers in my opinon. bored and kof in the same sentence is a no-no isn't it :make_fac:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
evolution is the only game I know of on the Dreamcast which has it's music burnt onto the normal cd part not gdrom part so can be played on a cd player

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
madmanjock said:
evolution is the only game I know of on the Dreamcast which has it's music burnt onto the normal cd part not gdrom part so can be played on a cd player

You're sure about that, are ya' madman?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
KOF Evolution, or Evolution the RPG? I'll have to try that when I get a chance (I have both).

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
It's a no-go with KOF: Evolution. I think perhaps it's Evolution, the RPG.

Thereverend

Banned
KagerouSama said:
Kinda', but not quite.
To play the music tracks, cut and butchered as they are, you have to start the system with either the disc-drive open or without a disc in.
In the start-up screen, go to music and select, then insert the King Of Fighters '99: Dream match never ends disc.
The DC music player will play the files as you want as a normal CD player would. However, the disc will not play on a normal CD player.

Also Works with GGX and Fire Pro D