I AM THE ROM KILLER!!!!!! THIS IS NEWS BTW

W

Whip's Disciple

I think it's a different story when Capcom is by no means on the brink of death.

K

KiddragoN7676

Its no different weather Capcom is on the verge of death or not and if SNK are DEad now then it dose'nt really matter about emulation!!

------------------
rickr2.gif

W

Whip's Disciple

Yeah, but I think it's good to indulge the people here.

Until someone with a Business degree would like to explain to what extent emulation has had on SNK, I would like to here.

Then again, I feel the mere prices of the carts alone killed the SNK. This also happens to be the opinion of many who do work in the gaming industry. That's what they told me, but then again, it's only an opinion.

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
No emulation did not put SNK out of business, their poor marketing and over pricing did that. Emulation is not helping SNK tho.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Maybe it was the lack of intrest in 2D from the majority of the game buying public. Capcom has stuff like Biohazard and other diverse properties to sustain them.

For the record, though, SNK had some really bad marketing. Did anyone see the ads for NGPC? They look like early ninties game mag ads.

Rade K

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KiddragoN7676:
CPS-2 Emulation is at its hight now and i do not see any of u complianing about that!!No one has Said STOP CAPCOM EMULATION!!!its all fucking SNK and thats what pisses me off the most!!!So come on if want to stop emulation stop it all not just Neogeo emulation!!

Laterz!!!

Maybe it's because we are in a Neo Geo forum, fruit.

www.shoryuken.com has capcom boards.

Laters.

K

KiddragoN7676

its true Capcom are very mainstream not only with there fighting games but with stuff like Breath of fire and biohazard...SNK on the other hand are very cult and have never really branched out from fighters and 2d sure the hyper was good but again there were mainly fighters IMHO SNK should have dropped the Home systems long ago and did what capcomhave always done make arcade and games for other platforms!!

Laterz!!!

------------------
rickr2.gif

[This message has been edited by KiddragoN7676 (edited April 14, 2001).]

Rade K

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KiddragoN7676:
itrue Capcom are very mainstream not only with there fighting games but with stuff like Breath of fire and biohazard also...SNk on the other hand are very cult and have never really branched out from fighters and 2d sure the hyper was good but again there were mainly fighters IMHO SNK should have dropped the Home systems long ago and did what capcomhave always done make arcade and games for other platforms!!

Laterz!!!

Huh?

blessing and a curse the emulator is. For me I admit I'm poor well poor enough to not be able to afford a neogeo. But I'm happy I have a neoragex since I can finally play the Kof games in their true form. And without that I would never have known how wonderful Kof is or about any of the other great games they have for that exspensive system. Everyone has their reasons for either having a emulator or not. Those of you can't hate on the ones that have a emulator just because you believe its wrong..man...this place is totally different from orochinagi.

------------------
Another day another life
another page in my book and so many torn out ones. Another page in my only book my precious book full of memories of things of the past. And so much room for more. Days go by as the pages turn each one I tear out and forget. When will my book end I ask myself. Or how will it end? By Tasuki Sho

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shuuchan:
No emulation did not put SNK out of business, their poor marketing and over pricing did that. Emulation is not helping SNK tho.
True, im sure neo jackmulation didnt have shit to do with the fall of the Neo at all(sarcasm).
But you do have a point about the overpricing.
Around the time of the Neo's birth it was well worth the system's power to the point were today its still considered strong enough to make a great game possible.

I think the question is: What MFin new future affordable system will dedicate itself to 2D awell 3D and the other shit?.

Also maybe something else:
If 2D is somewhat dead which rendered the Neo dead or is it just the Neo?.

Dam man this shit sounds like geek gaming chat.hehe

baller99

Banned
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chuckclown:
clown say roms no good
snk make no money
only good to try out game you havent play you like buy
you dont dont buy and erase

How exactly is SNK going to lose money if someone emulated NAM75, or even KOF98?

They have sold all the cartridges and cd games they had.They wouldnt make or lose money would they?
The only concivable person that might be hurt through emulation is the arcade ops that are running kof98 for example.
But arcade ops are overcharging assholes anyways, and the arcade industry deserves to die.
and another point..
If i tried out a expensive neo game, to find out if it sucked or wheater it was awesome...it wouldnt hurt anyone if it sucked and i didnt buy it, but if it was awesome and i decided to buy a home cart, that would only help the neo.

Peter

B

Bobak!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by homeslice61886:
EMULATERS ARE THE REASON GAME COMPANIES DIE YOU CUNT!

No... game like ET: the Extra Terrestrial are why game companies die.

Corporate Greed is why game companies get bought up quickly -thereby dying a crueler death...

And if your name is Sega, your systems seem to inexplicably die off in a year or soo...
biggrin.gif
(I say that with a tear in my eye and every sega system expect Dreamcast in my living room).