Hyper 64 rev2 images (large post)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I probably should take this to the tech forum, but since most of the folk here are fairly new to the Hyper, I figure I put here for a collective effort to resolve this problem for everyone.

Here's something curious, I have the rev 2 board connected to a MVS U4 Candy, and although the MVS 4 slot board produces ture stereo, the rev 2 board does not even with the switches being on the MVS set up.

I mean I get sound in both speakers, but not in true stereo form, nor the test or the games have stereo sound.

Anybody has any ideas?

SSS

neo retired
electricgrave said:
Here's something curious, I have the rev 2 board connected to a MVS U4 Candy, and although the MVS 4 slot board produces ture stereo, the rev 2 board does not even with the switches being on the MVS set up.

I mean I get sound in both speakers, but not in true stereo form, nor the test or the games have stereo sound.

Anybody has any ideas?

I recall trying this. I believe you'll get sound effects in both speakers, but it will change the volume intensity for the side it's more prevelant on. I'm probably deaf though, so try for yourself.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
I recall trying this. I believe you'll get sound effects in both speakers, but it will change the volume intensity for the side it's more prevelant on. I'm probably deaf though, so try for yourself.
I thought about that too, but still it's just strange how this goes, it feels more like a mono set up in both speakers than anything else.

SSS

neo retired
electricgrave said:
I thought about that too, but still it's just strange how this goes, it feels more like a mono set up in both speakers than anything else.

It's like listening to some CDs. A guitar solo will be strong in the right channel, but in the left you still get a low end version of it.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Lets Gekiga In said:
Man, that really sucks that they would lose something like that. I wish there was some way they could do it. Oh well.
Not the first time something like that has happened... apparently the same thing happened with Capcom's Warzard, which is why that game has never seen a console port.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Deuce said:
Not the first time something like that has happened... apparently the same thing happened with Capcom's Warzard, which is why that game has never seen a console port.
Holy crap, I never knew that! I was always wondering why Capcom never ported but I never imagined that losing the source code would be the reason.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Yeah. It's not really a deliberate action on the part of the company to screw fans over. I mean, SNK knows the market is there, however niche it be. Hell, they're releasing goddamn World Heroes and Fuun compilations. If they had the means to port the HNG64 library to PS2, you know they'd be all over it. They'd probably turn a few decent numbers simply for the sheer novelty factor of them.

SSS

neo retired
Lets Gekiga In said:
Man, that really sucks that they would lose something like that. I wish there was some way they could do it. Oh well.

I'm sure if they had the time and money they could devote some dedicated programmers to cooking up an emulator. It's not like the rom dumps aren't available. If it was ported it'd probably be emulated anyway. Just like sega collections and metal slug collections for PSP are essentially the dumped roms.

heck, there's preliminary Hyper emulation in MAME. There just isn't high enough demand to really continue it.