Hydrophobia on XBLA...worth buying?

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
hey guys, i need some opinions!

hydrophobia is on sale this week and i'm tempted to buy it since i heard that there was a recent patch for it that turned the game from shit to good.
so, whats the good word? is it worth 400 points? anything else to know?

thanks in advance!

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Picked it up last night after playing it over on a coworker's unit. For 400 points it's not a bad game. The only gripe I have with the game is that enemies tend to spawn out of nowhere and sometimes right in front of you. Listening for music changes and grunts around corners can help you tell when there are enemies still around. With the new patch it also makes it easier to figure out which enemies dropped key items that you'll need to proceed. The swimming and water mechanics were tweaked very much when compared to the original version of the game.

What takes getting used to is trying to go use stealth, attempting to aim at someone...then a wave knocks you off target. One of the highlights of the game is the way you can kill enemies. If you shoot some people once, you drop them for a brief moment. While they're out cold, you can then flood the room with just enough water to drown them. I thought that was a nice touch.

It's not a bad title for 400 points. There's also a contest running right now to win a cruise or some crap that ends on 2/6.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/promotions/hydrophobiadreamvacation