Humble Bundle Neo Geo Encore

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
You get to pick the charity.

But all of those say they are browser games?

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I scooped it for the cheap steam games. I was planning on buying them later this week during the steam sale but at even $2 a game you couldn't match the $10 humble bundle.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
You get to pick the charity.

But all of those say they are browser games?

Some Steam, the rest can be downloaded DRM free (essentially legal ROMs). Most can also be played in your browser, yes.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Someone mentioned in the other topic that if you bought the bundle last year, you've now got Steam keys for Metal Slug 2, Shock Troopers, Baseball Stars 2, and Twinkle Star Sprites.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Do these have any multiplayer options?

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Do these have any multiplayer options?

The KOF UMs have online multiplayer, though I wouldn't be surprised if they're dead.

At least some of the Steam games have online multiplayer, but I think Metal Slug 2 does not for no apparent reason. Maybe they patched it in. I don't know. Other Metal Slug games on Steam do have online multiplayer.

For all of the games that are non-Steam, the emulator doesn't treat multiplayer nicely at all. One player has to use a controller, and the other has to use a keyboard. It's awful. They may have patched this, too, but I don't know.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The KOF UMs have online multiplayer, though I wouldn't be surprised if they're dead.

At least some of the Steam games have online multiplayer, but I think Metal Slug 2 does not for no apparent reason. Maybe they patched it in. I don't know. Other Metal Slug games on Steam do have online multiplayer.

For all of the games that are non-Steam, the emulator doesn't treat multiplayer nicely at all. One player has to use a controller, and the other has to use a keyboard. It's awful. They may have patched this, too, but I don't know.

You can map player two's controls to any joypad or stick using joy2key. It's crazy how half done this emulator is.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
You can map player two's controls to any joypad or stick using joy2key.

:lol: :thevt:

The sad part is the non-Steam ones would have been decently serviceable in Steam big picture mode after adding them as non-Steam games if you could have done full key remapping.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

with 98um and 02um first time i logged on i got a match...only match i was ever able to get

sucks

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
For someone who bought the bundle, can you give the specific titles that has online multi

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Someone mentioned in the other topic that if you bought the bundle last year, you've now got Steam keys for Metal Slug 2, Shock Troopers, Baseball Stars 2, and Twinkle Star Sprites.

Yep, check your account with HB before you purchase again. I had a few new keys waiting for me to add to Steam when I checked.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I only like physical copies of games, but I accept that when I build a 4K gaming rig that I'll be forced to get steam. Can somebody tell me if I can play the neo titles in 4K resolution on Full Screen? Also, I hope the are letterboxes/black bars on each side as pretty much all monitors are widescreen and it would not be worth it to me to play them in the wrong aspect ratio.