Howard Dean's finished, Kerry now officially Great White Hope

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
as I said TWO MONTHS ago

I do like him
but He woulda losed against Bush for sure

cross the fingers
and hope the faggot (Kerry) will wipe Dubbya's ass out

aria

Former Moderator
The winner of the election is going to be the side that's the most hungry.

I wouldn't count out the "ABB" (anyone but Bush) crowd -both Edwards and Kerry are polling strong against Bush -so that seems to show that there's a general ABB feeling out there.

Of course, whether its nurtured to still be there and be strong in November is something else altogether.

It's a long, long election yet.

Honestly, I feel the worst for the members of Skull & Bones, what're those poor blueblood oligarchs going to do?

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Wow, what a choice.
Two S+B members---
Who're cousins---
Whose policies on gun-control, open borders, and other things are the same---

---people should've gotten worried when the presidency fell into the same family twice. This is FAKE LEFT vs FAKE RIGHT, GOOD COP vs BAD COP.

Next terrorist attack?

Say goodbye to your constitution, and HELLO to Martial Law and soldiers on the street---quote tommy franks, who said after the next terrorist attack, the Const. will most likely be discarded.

Hey, I feel great.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
I wanted dean to get the nom because I knew bush could beat him.

If only the republicans would stop being so not conservative...

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
bush will probably end up winning, voters are stupid. but then again, his father lost his 2nd term. i think kerry can beat him. lots of people want anyone but bush.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
All's I gotta say is that after society breaks down into an Orwellian nightmare, I definitely want to be involved in the whole 'Soylent Green' thing.

And I won't even try to keep it a secret- I'll say to my kids- "Eat your people! Finish that shit!"

And when some smart ass says "Eat me" I'll look at him and say "Yessssss"

johnroche

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Kid Aphex said:
Wow, what a choice.
Two S+B members---
Who're cousins---

---people should've gotten worried when the presidency fell into the same family twice. This is FAKE LEFT vs FAKE RIGHT, GOOD COP vs BAD COP.

Next terrorist attack?

Say goodbye to your constitution, and HELLO to Martial Law and soldiers on the street---quote tommy franks, who said after the next terrorist attack, the Const. will most likely be discarded.

Hey, I feel great.

Frankly, Kucinich is probably the only guy who seems "genuine" who's still in the running.

Edwards just seems too happy-go-lucky, Kerry just reminds me of some unholy amalgamation of a Bush and a Kennedy (I actually have nothing against the Kennedys, I'm just saying), and Sharpton is Sharpton. Clark might have been decent had he stayed in, but good generals don't usually make good presidents (see also Eisenhower, Dwight or Grant, Ulysses). Gephardt was a flip-flopper (saying he wouldn't have voted in favor of the invasion had he known the intelligence was faulty a few days before Saddam was captured, then saying after Saddam was captured that he had never regretted his decision). And Dean seemed less like a guy who wanted to win the White House and more like a guy who wanted Bush in a steel cage. I think we have our Wrestlemania 22 main event if Bush loses. :p

Quite honestly, Kucinich seems to be the only guy I've seen with both likeability (sp?) and integrity (he seems like he actually believes what he's saying). And with that, he would have had no chance in hell of winning.

But I had no idea that Bush and Kerry were cousins. I knew they were Skulls, but I never heard about their relations.

If you think that's weird, look at what people are saying about Bush and Sharpton...
here :spock:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
johnroche said:
Clark might have been decent had he stayed in, but good generals don't usually make good presidents (see also Eisenhower, Dwight or Grant, Ulysses).

Grant doesn't count. That drunk.

Dean actually had something sensible to say for a change today on his way out. He said that he wishes people would get more involved in their local elections, because that's where real change starts. I've always spread this message, I hope to visit the local high schools to spread this message, its a very important grass roots ideal. Far too much focus is placed on the President, when in reality if all the people who feel passionately about voting every 4th year, would also vote every year we could really get back to shaping this country in the will of the people. As it is now though, we are leaving it up to the boneheads at the top...get out there and vote every single year people!! Hooray for Howard Dean to point this out, I hope he continues to spread this message. My god, if he could have been saying sensible stuff like this to begin with, he would still be in this race.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
DashK said:
bush will probably end up winning, voters are stupid. but then again, his father lost his 2nd term. i think kerry can beat him. lots of people want anyone but bush.

Typical left-wing logic - anybody who believes something other than I do is stupid. That's why you guys have been suffering - it's all this elitist bullshit.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
Wow, what a choice.
Two S+B members---
Who're cousins---

Next terrorist attack?

Hey, I feel great.

I know that this is probably standard, this being the internet and all, but WTF is with all the conspiracy theories?

Regardless of who gets elected, the chances of it having any meaningful impact on your life are rather insignificant. America will remain largely unchanged - the government is has way too many checks and balances these days for any one man to make a meaningful difference in the running of this country.

So is anyone here actually willing to put down some money and back up any of their wacky beliefs about GWB starting martial law, soldiers on the street, his own nazi regime, etc.? I didn't think so.

kaos

galfordo said:
Typical left-wing logic - anybody who believes something other than I do is stupid. That's why you guys have been suffering - it's all this elitist bullshit.

hmmm
usually elitist is a word referred to a minority....

also
lotta people in here, but I believe in several other places
are DEFINATELY not left-wing
and they're gonna vote against Bush anyway

I can understand you feel pissed about all this shit
I can understand all this anti-Bush stuff is getting ridiculouse and paranoid

but, generally speaking, there are some periods or events in human history that go OBJECTIVELY in one way
the shit Bush has done in these 4 years is one of those

seriously, I cant see absolutely any reason why to defend him

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Oh - and I'm glad Howard Dean is out. I'd prefer a president that is capable of controlling his temper tantrums, thank you.

Frankly, I don't see how he got as far as he did. His only idea was to get Bush - other than that I don't think I heard one original though come from his mouth. I may not agree with Kerry, but at least the guy is somewhat sensible. I can't stand these assholes that walk around with a chip on their shoulder like everybody owes them something.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
kaos said:
but I believe in several other places
are DEFINATELY not left-wing
and they're gonna vote against Bush anyway

Yes you're right. And I myself am not happy with everything that Bush has done - but I don't think I've ever been totally happy with any politician's actions. It's always a matter of choosing the one whose problems you dislike the least.

I can understand you feel pissed about all this shit
I can understand all this anti-Bush stuff is getting ridiculouse and paranoid

Yes - it has. And when people do things like calling Bush a baby-killing, murdering, nazi-loving fascist, it just makes them looks silly and makes those in the middle raise their eyebrows.

but, generally speaking, there are some periods or events in human history that go OBJECTIVELY in one way
the shit Bush has done in these 4 years is one of those

That's your opinion - objectivity has nothing to do with it.

seriously, I cant see absolutely any reason why to defend him

Because, for whatever reason (maybe for selfish reasons, who knows), he stood up to the fundamentalist nutcases whose livelihood is to blow up crowds of people in order to protect their oppressive way of life.

kaos

galfordo said:
That's your opinion - objectivity has nothing to do with it

well not only mine
and anyway I just look at facts
and facts say
He wasted the biggest amount of money white house has ever seen in his history
that could've been used for something else
such as healthcare...oops I forgot you dont like that word...
I meant education...just to give you an example
He made the craziest tax-cut ever
that basically just favour rich people
I could make the list longer and longer
and without mention the war

I just ask you ONE THING
tell me something He made good

Because, for whatever reason (maybe for selfish reasons, who knows), he stood up to the fundamentalist nutcases whose livelihood is to blow up crowds of people in order to protect their oppressive way of life.

that's also the point
I'm not scared of him
I'm scared of whose behind him:Cheney, Reece, O'Neil....
I wouldnt call him a nazi
but those people are the most dangerous close-minded bunch of rednecks in the US history

kaos wrote:
He made the craziest tax-cut ever
that basically just favour rich people
I could make the list longer and longer
and without mention the war

I just ask you ONE THING

Well, thanks to the Bush Tax Cut, My Boss(thats evil company president to you libs) bought a new machine and hired 2 people. Tell me, is that good or bad? Also, I pay 4 times less in taxes than before the tax cuts, and I'm not rich, I'm lower middle class at best, for my area. And I'm lower class for most of the rest of the country, Indiana has a very low cost of living comparatively.

johnroche

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
galfordo said:
In all fairness, I'd say the "everyone is stupid except me" syndrome is typical of all ideologues. :oh_no:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
funny. i read there was a poll that people took and it presented
all the candidates ideals and positions without mentioning
the candidate. and most people I heard sided with what dean said.
but that's trival now i suppose.
but that's how sheep like people can be.
anyways.
I'm voting R.
i believe everything that was done during this term though seemingly
drastic was for the betterment of here as well as abroad.
gw's not perfect, but that doesn't make him any lesser than
anyone running against him.
i'm thinking there's going to be lots of mudslinging and plenty of
allegations going all the way from gw's guard days to 9-11 to definitely the iraq conflict.
but really. what you gonna do.
there's plenty of things i don't agree with on gw, but for the most
part i believe in most of it.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
kaos said:
I just ask you ONE THING

Saddam Hussein is widely regarded by human rights organizations around the world as one of the most murderous and oppressive dictators of all time. Bush made sure that he was locked up like the animal that he is - it's been good to know 'ya Hussy :D!

Osama Bin Laden and his gang of thugs have been decimated - and no longer rule the country of Afghanistan. Although Osama has not been caught - the power he once held has all but vanished.

The DOW has risen from 8000 (around the 9-11 fiasco) to about 10500 today. In 2003, economists reported some of the strongest surges in economic growth in the past 20 years. The jobless rate could be better, but the 6-7% percent range is hardly something to be ashamed of.

There's bad too - but you asked for the good so there you go.

that's also the point
I'm not scared of him
I'm scared of whose behind him:Cheney, Reece, O'Neil....
I wouldnt call him a nazi
but those people are the most dangerous close-minded bunch of rednecks in the US history

I'll believe you when you say they're dangerous when you tell me why. They don't put up with terrorist's bullshit, that's for sure. And in the short-term, that's dangerous, cause it's makes them nervous. In the long term, however, it's much safer for us - as a kick in the ass is all some of those whackos understand.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
johnroche said:
In all fairness, I'd say the "everyone is stupid except me" syndrome is typical of all ideologues. :oh_no:

Yeah, I guess you're right. I try to stay away from it though.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Where is the Kucinich love? :(

Since statistically he only constitutes 0.0007% of the popular vote, I think you're probably the only supporter here :D.

But anyway, my super-genius math buddy is a big Kucinich fan too. If he had more mass-market TV sex appeal, I think he'd probably have a pretty good shot :). Unfortunately, the 40% of America that watches Springer 5 times a day just didn't see the appeal of an intellectual politician, I'm afraid. Oops, that was an elitist thing to say - bad galfordo :D.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
He was the new Perot, crazy and crazy.

He never got TV coverage at all sadly.

The media rigged the primaries is my theory :mad: