How well is PS3 selling in Europe? Sony is unfare...

Robi15

20 Year Member
PS3 here in Estonia sells for 10999EEK - that's 958.547USD! In japan you get a new one for under 45 000Y - that's approx 368USD. And we in Europe get the cheaper/stripped version with bad ps2 support etc. No wonder it is not being sold so well in Europe. But then again I might not have accurate info as you do.. How well is the PS3 selling in Europe? Does anyone have good info? (link source plz)

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Here in Spain it sells for 600€ (818$) and as far as I know it's selling quite badly, it's always sitting in the shop's shelves.

Robi15

20 Year Member
That is what I mean, there is such a huge difference in the price. It should be heavily lowered here in Europe. But then again Sony seems to be quite comfortable in it's ignorant behavior.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Far as numbers go. Ps3 is selling best in europe out of all 3 major markets (Euro, US & japan). I think in Austrialia it's suposetly the best selling system.

I would have to check neogaf for hard numbers tho (too lazy atm).

Anyways I think with the jpn unit being so cheep with conversion rates, they need to drop the price globaly.

Also europe always gets screwed regardless if it's from sony, microsoft or nintendo.

Robi15

20 Year Member
subbie said:
Also europe always gets screwed regardless if it's from sony, microsoft or nintendo.

That is so true. Would love to see hard facts on the selling results. Wen you have time drop the source here. Thx! :-)

My plan is to go and hunt down a used ps3 in Sweden and hopefully I get some games in that price too. Used ps3's in sweden go for 559USD.. :annoyed:

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Just sharing
Local prices (Colombia):

Wii = 1'000.000 -> U$500
XBOX 360 Premium = 1'000.000 -> U$500
PlayStation 3 60 GB = 2'200.000 -> U$1100

we are as fucked as you

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
...this is madness!

...blasphemy...

...THIS...IS...SO...NY...*kick*

I'm suprised there isn't a 300 gif like that. :tickled:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
One of the Toys'r Us here is closing and clearing out the PS3 for $530. And I thought that's still too much. Maybe if they can't get rid of it and sell it under $400 I will get tempted.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I will be buying a PSIII when It's time for me to get a Blu Disc Player...

But I bet Sony will be cheapening the PSIII by the time I get one.

barf

Maxima's Barber
In France, the PS3 is not selling so great.

However, SCEE announced the lowering of the ps3 components costs will be visible on the console price tag, price drop TBA later this year.

Anyway, yes it s sometimes depressing... if i were in the US i would earn around 5 times what i earn now and i would pay 2/3rds the price on almost everything. Sure i d have to pay premium for healthcare and other things, but i d still earn much more ...

*sigh*, i shouldn't have let go the opportunity i was offered

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
barf said:
In France, the PS3 is not selling so great.

However, SCEE announced the lowering of the ps3 components costs will be visible on the console price tag, price drop TBA later this year.

Anyway, yes it s sometimes depressing... if i were in the US i would earn around 5 times what i earn now and i would pay 2/3rds the price on almost everything. Sure i d have to pay premium for healthcare and other things, but i d still earn much more ...

*sigh*, i shouldn't have let go the opportunity i was offered

The US is 37th on the world health care ranking's list and France is ranked 1st so that's pretty cool. You pay more taxes though, but you'll live longer.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
The US is 37th on the world health care ranking's list and France is ranked 1st so that's pretty cool. You pay more taxes though, but you'll live longer.

weren't both Switzerland and Sweden taking the lead ?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:

To be fair though, if you can afford it in America, our medical care is actually some of the best in the world.

Regardless of the cost of living, I'm pretty sure the PS3 sucks no matter what country you are in:tickled: **

**eh, couldn't resist throwing out a line to see what i could catch...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
lol people who say $600 for such a console is outrageous

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
kernow said:
The AES was arcade hardware, far ahead of the competition. The PS3 barely edges out the 360.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
When did I mention the homecart system?

£300 isn't a lot to pay for the PS3, at all.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Sorry, I thought you made a subtle reference to (supposed) hypocrisy.

Robi15

20 Year Member
Now, 958.547USD IS to much for an ps3. And lets forget the US healthcare for a moment, we all know US citizens have huge problems with it..

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
kernow said:

For a foreman grill that has very little game support it is too much to pay, even $400 USD is too much imo. As a movie player its a failure and as a console its an even worse failure. But as a failure its ahead of its time.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
xmods said:
For a foreman grill that has very little game support it is too much to pay, even $400 USD is too much imo. As a movie player its a failure and as a console its an even worse failure. But as a failure its ahead of its time.

loving mine, paid $850, don't regret a single dollar

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
I picked one up, but so far, it's been a waste of money.

If it weren't for its Blu-ray capability, I wouldn't have bothered keeping it; even the games I expected to be worthwhile (Resistance and Motorstorm) have been very disappointing.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
It's hard to compare European prices with US ones due to the current currency situation, where the € is kicking the $ ass. Not to mention taxes, etc.
Of course, when the € sucked it was used as an excuse to rise videogame prices, but now that it is the other way round the prices stay the same. Same as oil and gas prices.