How to remove those damn stickers...

JRock917

, ,
Can someone please tell me how to remove those damn stickers that some places put on carts for warranty purposes... you know, the kind that say "VOID" all over the place if you try to remove them, and are usually silver in color. Any help is appreciated.

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
Goo Gone works from what I hear. I think you can get it in most department stores. Be careful though, it will eat certain types of plastics.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Iso Alcohol is good for desolving sticker adhesives, also OK with a twist of lemon on the rocks.
Dont try it please......

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I have done this many times. You need to peel the sticker off so it says "void", Use the goo gone on it to get the majority of it off, Then use Iso Alcohol to finish the job. (Make sure to wipe off all the Iso Alcohol after finishing the job because it will damage the plastic if left on long enough. Good luck. This is very simple to do.

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Um, I just remove the damn sticker and I get the "void" to disappear by rubbing a cotton ball with alcohol... works fine, and doesnt degrade the plastic.

trunks218

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Where are you finding Neo Geo stuff at in Gastonia? The only place around their for a 100 miles to buy stuff is buyrite. And yes I know he could mean a cart for another system.

JRock917

, ,
Well, it's true that there are virtually no places to buy neo-geo items in NC, except for Buyrite and I do not buy any carts from them. Like a lot of people, I get most of what I have through mail order. However, I ended up with one of those pesky "void" stickers on one of my carts and I am trying to get it off without damaging my investment. Thanks to all that have answered this thread.