How to pause a MVS game?

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
Is it possible to pause an MVS game?
I have an MVS cabinet and it is quite annoying to answer the phone or the door when you're playing :(
I was wondering if it was possible to do anything to pause and how hard is it to do sice I am no genius of electronics...
Thanks

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
On the dipswitches in the board, number 8 pauses the game. However, in a cab is kinda hard to access it, so you can add a pause switch in your control panel, look for the project at www.hardmvs.com

Also, if you install a unibios in your board ( linky ), then you can pause the game through the select button (if your cab has it wired, if not you can wire it yourself). Actually there are other ways to pause the game thanks to this bios.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Turn dipswitch 8 on.

I used to use this rather inconvenient method, until I got the Universe BIOS. :)

Now I wish I could pause my Seibu SPI games. ;)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
A member here just posted about adding a pause switch..
I can't find the thread in search but I did find some others..

I'm not sure who did it ..but it was something like soldering two wires to the bottom of dip switch #8 and adding a switch that would be placed somewhere accessible..

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
All dipswitch #8 is is a toggle switch between 2 points...

If you wire a toggle switch to the two points below #8 it will complete a circuit and puse the game..

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
You don't even have to solder 2 wires to DIP 8, one is enough since the other is ground and ground can be taken from more handy places in a cab (control panel for example).

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
solderBoardSM.jpg

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks for all your replies :multi_co:

I have never used a solder iron before, so i guess i am not going to do this :confused:

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
vwlunatic said:
Thanks for all your replies :multi_co:

I have never used a solder iron before, so i guess i am not going to do this :confused:

If you're BIOS is socketed then just get a Universe BIOS from Razoola. In console mode select pauses the game and in arcade mode you can just bring up the cheat menu which also pauses the game. :)

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
If you're BIOS is socketed then just get a Universe BIOS from Razoola. In console mode select pauses the game and in arcade mode you can just bring up the cheat menu which also pauses the game.
Hey I am a newbie...
This is Chinese for me :rolleyes:
Also I don't think i have a select button

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
I did, it doesn't look too hard, but i've never soldered anything, so i might not do it...

Also, where is the select button, I have a 1 slot cabinet and am wondering if I have one.

Thanks

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
you can just put the wires over the dip factory-soldered points amd use scotch adhesive ^^; it s not pretty but you are sure not messing up (even if you did any mess at that place is not verry dangerous and can be undone easily with a air-sringe (aka soldering-sucker)).

my advice is... use adhesive, practice your soldering skills and then solder when you are sure of yourself :)

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you go to a hardware store, then you can also buy a liquid solder compound.... It's just a type of expoxy that works like solder... It's suposed to be just as strong also....

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
vwlunatic said:
I did, it doesn't look too hard, but i've never soldered anything, so i might not do it...

Also, where is the select button, I have a 1 slot cabinet and am wondering if I have one.

Thanks

Well, if your cab is a one slot, then most likely the select button is not wired (well, I also guess that if it was you would have already seen it). So if you wanted to have it then you would need to install a new button for select, and yes, that should involve soldering.

Anyway, have you read the link to the unibios site we provided? If you install that bios in your board (what kind of board you have? depending on it you wouldn't need to solder, just plug'n'play), then you would be able to pause the game by pressing a certain combination of buttons at the same time.

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
If you install that bios in your board (what kind of board you have? depending on it you wouldn't need to solder, just plug'n'play), then you would be able to pause the game by pressing a certain combination of buttons at the same time.
I have a MV1-F board I think.
How does the Unibios work?
And what does it look like?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
vwlunatic said:
I have a MV1-F board I think.
How does the Unibios work?
And what does it look like?

CLICK HERE TO KNOW THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS .

The unibios is just a 40 pins chip, like the one that is socketed and can be seen around the center of your board. If you have a MV1-F, then you just need to pull out the old one and insert in the new one.

For further details, check the link.