how to fix torn insert cover

A couple of my snapcases have torn insert covers.
(see pic)... probably a common issue.

What's the best way to re-seal?

torn_cover.jpg

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
A kitchen blow-torch like the ones used to make creme brulee. Hold the flap of the torn insert cover down with your index finger, and with as much precision as you can muster (through the pain and horrible stench of your own cooking flesh), work the tip of the flame back and forth on the torn seam.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Jibba, tell me more about working the tip.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
*yawn* useless shit

Well, if you're just going to be a humorless cunt...

Find some glue that dries clear and is safe for plastic. Use a toothpick to apply a VERY thin bead of it where the insert cover has popped off. Put something semi-heavy on top of the case to hold the flap down, and put a piece of wax paper between said heavy thing and the case so that you don't accidentally glue the two together. While it's drying, take $20 down to the local shopping center and buy yourself a sense of humor, shitdick.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
No, Karou. Shelf queens want that shit to look as original as possible.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
maxresdefault.jpg
:scratch:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
A kitchen blow-torch like the ones used to make creme brulee. Hold the flap of the torn insert cover down with your index finger, and with as much precision as you can muster (through the pain and horrible stench of your own cooking flesh), work the tip of the flame back and forth on the torn seam.

But this is going to violate my lease agreement.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member

Find some glue that dries clear and is safe for plastic. Use a toothpick to apply a VERY thin bead of it where the insert cover has popped off. Put something semi-heavy on top of the case to hold the flap down, and put a piece of wax paper between said heavy thing and the case so that you don't accidentally glue the two together. While it's drying, take $20 down to the local shopping center and buy yourself a sense of humor, shitdick.

shitdick made me laugh.

Sorry man, I was in a bad mood...