How to ask out a girl - Neogeo Pocket Style

NiN^_^NiN

n00b
Just a small update I was making some labels and didn't like the look of them and have just created a newer one and printed a batch of them.
2012-03-20123032.jpg

Some more info on what was created and the finished art for the box is on flavors forum.
http://forum.freeplaytech.com/Threa...k-AKA-my-geeky-way-to-ask-someone-out?pid=142

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Don't do it. Ask her out in person. The hacked rom approach rarely works.

Plus, if she says no to the hacked rom, it might sour your enthusiasm for the NGPC. Then what will you be left with?

I'm serious.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Don't do it. Ask her out in person. The hacked rom approach rarely works.

Plus, if she says no to the hacked rom, it might sour your enthusiasm for the NGPC. Then what will you be left with?

I'm serious.

How often have you used the hacked rom approach? Maybe you've just hacked your roms poorly...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Since he printed a whole batch of labels, I'd presume that there are plan B and plan C. XD

NiN^_^NiN

n00b
I've never used that approach. Me hack roms? I can't even run a ROM in an emulator.

I'm not worried in the least. You, however, will regret this.
I won't ;) as mentioned before this isn't some random person i'm asking out all of a sudden.

NiN^_^NiN

n00b
Since he printed a whole batch of labels, I'd presume that there are plan B and plan C. XD

Lol that's good but nah it's cause if you look at the original label I created the NGPC logo got wrecked from bending it so I though I might as well have backups just in case instead of printing the one label on a whole A4 sheet.

Ibows

n00b
If this is how you ask someone out, I can't wait to see what you do for the honey moon.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I am not sure what to thing of this thread.

Geekism at its finest/worst.

Too bad kernow wasn't still around. I am sure he would have some wise words of wisdom.
chimp.gif

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Hey Nin-Nin,

This is a super cute way of asking her out. It's really thoughtful, quirky, kind and I can't see how she could fail to be impressed.
Your work is excellent, the artwork looks fantastic.
Will the final box be just the same size as a standard box?
Just one thing occured to me while looking at your great work, you could print a cardboard insert for the box with a message or simple instructions printed on it. More chance to show off your excellent graphics work, and it will present the cart while keeping the box sides straight. A message on the box somewhere might be useful as a lead-in to the reason for making it?
Just a thought.
Here's a picture Ghost Photo Gallery for an idea of what I'm thinking, the cutting would be easy with an exacto knife.
Are you going to give it to her on a special occasion like her birthday or something for 'camoflague' or are you going to just give it to her and wait until she's played it through and the game asks her out to get your answer?
The waiting could be unbearable after all this work!

How old are you both BTW?
And when do you think you'll be ready to give it to her?

Regards
Gene

SDC15140.jpg

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So... what was the outcome?

Hasn't been an update from the guy in weeks...

NiN^_^NiN

n00b
Hey Nin-Nin,

This is a super cute way of asking her out. It's really thoughtful, quirky, kind and I can't see how she could fail to be impressed.
Your work is excellent, the artwork looks fantastic.
Will the final box be just the same size as a standard box?

Hi Gene

First of all I'm glad you like the project I think it's cute and unique and something different.

The artwork was the kicker trying to get it all done the image manipulation was simple but trying to find a good scan of the game was hard and I had to tweak and redo a lot of the logos etc to make it work but I think it came out quite nice.

Just one thing occured to me while looking at your great work, you could print a cardboard insert for the box with a message or simple instructions printed on it. More chance to show off your excellent graphics work, and it will present the cart while keeping the box sides straight. A message on the box somewhere might be useful as a lead-in to the reason for making it?
Just a thought.

I was originally going to make a small booklet to go into the box but I think it might take too long but a game card insert is a great idea it would allow me to make it more personal without having to go through the process of making a booklet.

Here's a picture Ghost Photo Gallery for an idea of what I'm thinking, the cutting would be easy with an exacto knife.

I want to make an insert like this to house the game card but I was only having it as white cardboard I hadn't thought of printing something on it I will have to do some mockups and see how well it works.

Are you going to give it to her on a special occasion like her birthday or something for 'camoflague' or are you going to just give it to her and wait until she's played it through and the game asks her out to get your answer?
The waiting could be unbearable after all this work!
It was for her Birthday but plans have changed so it will be given to her in a few weeks time.

I will give it to her and let her play it through she will be down here with me at that point so I won't have to wait long to get an answer :)

How old are you both BTW?
And when do you think you'll be ready to give it to her?

We are in our 20's and I should be giving it to her in about 4 to 5 weeks :)

NiN^_^NiN

n00b
So... what was the outcome?

Hasn't been an update from the guy in weeks...

See the above reply I haven't been able to work on it for the past few weeks or get on the internet with my free time.

I will update everyone soon

The only update currently is I backed up the game I modified onto a micro sd card as this is also a present and will be used as a flash cart
20120502_175747.jpg

Last edited:

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Hi Gene

First of all I'm glad you like the project I think it's cute and unique and something different.

The artwork was the kicker trying to get it all done the image manipulation was simple but trying to find a good scan of the game was hard and I had to tweak and redo a lot of the logos etc to make it work but I think it came out quite nice.

I was originally going to make a small booklet to go into the box but I think it might take too long but a game card insert is a great idea it would allow me to make it more personal without having to go through the process of making a booklet.

I want to make an insert like this to house the game card but I was only having it as white cardboard I hadn't thought of printing something on it I will have to do some mockups and see how well it works.

It was for her Birthday but plans have changed so it will be given to her in a few weeks time.

I will give it to her and let her play it through she will be down here with me at that point so I won't have to wait long to get an answer :)

We are in our 20's and I should be giving it to her in about 4 to 5 weeks :)

Excellent! I look forward to your next update, Keep us posted.
ATB
Gene

NiN^_^NiN

n00b
Will do Gene :)

I did get to do some quick updates today

I redid the box so it looks nicer and fits together more snug

20120509_205910-1.jpg

20120509_205920-1.jpg

I think it's a lot better

I also made the insert or divider to hide the linker etc and house the game card and you are right it needs something on it the plain white is to bland.
20120509_212135.jpg

20120509_212210.jpg

I will have to come up with some new art work for the divider but at least I have an idea on how to make the insert/divider now and it should look great once finished.

Marek

Banned
Hey NiN I love this project.

Ignore the ng.com trolls. They have been starved for sex and have no souls to begin with, so they are shitting all other this thread out of pure boredom and an inability to feel feelings.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Coolness meets cuteness in this thread, project and idea. :)

NiN^_^NiN

n00b
Thanks for everyone's support, opinions and advice.

I didn't get a chance to change the divider as she's now down here with me so I am planning to give it to her in the next few days :) wish me luck i'll keep you all updated.

NiN^_^NiN

n00b
Hi Jedah
Thanks for blogging about it, very nice job and nice site. It's very interesting and it's added onto my daily routine now :)

So the moment you guys have been waiting for; about how it went and what happened.

So I gave it to her and she was very excited and loved everything about it.

I lent her my ngpc to be able to play it. She loved how much work I put into it, and thought it was so cute and sweet.

She said yes to going out with me and we had a fantastic time. We couldn't be happier.
Thanks to everyone for their support and following the project's progress. I'm glad I shared it with you all, and in the end it worked out as I hoped it would :drool:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Glad to hear that it all worked out for you.