how rare is this SNES system box?

chrishicks

Quiz Detective
I recently got this on ebay and it just arrived. of course it looks like the post office played soccer or something with it and it recieved a bit of damage. nothing real "major" but a few of the corners are a bit crunched up. here is the ebay pic:

e9_1_b.JPG

is this box really rare or were they pretty common? I never got into the SNES when it first came out so I have no idea.

another thing, were there different variations of this box by chance?

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
A complete snes box with crayon writings on the logo... I'd say about 1100$.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
chrishicks said:

Alright I took it to far. Maybe like 1000$ on a good day. I mean, what can't you do with a cardboard box? Thats like a accessory kit/purse for bums.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
chrishicks said:
I recently got this on ebay and it just arrived. of course it looks like the post office played soccer or something with it and it recieved a bit of damage. nothing real "major" but a few of the corners are a bit crunched up. here is the ebay pic:

e9_1_b.JPG

is this box really rare or were they pretty common? I never got into the SNES when it first came out so I have no idea.

another thing, were there are different variations of this box by chance?

The KI boxset is fairly rare,to be honest its the only US version of it I have seen and I have only come across one PAL version before so I would keep hold of it(or sell it to me :D)

There were several boxsets that were released over here and it would be of interest to me to find out what if the US had the same ones.Over here we had

First Release :basic box with S.Mario World and 2 pads
S.Mario Boxset with sticker on box and only 1 pad.
Solus set(1 pad,no game,small box)
FiFa 96 boxset
SF2 boxset
Starwing boxset
Sf2 turbo boxset
Killer Instinct boxset
Mario Allstars boxset
Donkey Kong boxset(this was a plain white box with an outer sleeve that looked like a crate
Mario Allstars+S.Mario World 5-in-1 boxset(as DK but had an outer sleeve with a big Mario on the front and green background.

There was also a special box for the Gamezone chain of shops.This had a rectangle cut out of the front of the box and around this was a load of blurb and a 'Game of the Month' sort of logo so they could package their snes' with the latest releases

I don't know if there were anymore.If anyone has any different ones I personally would like to see one.

chrishicks

Quiz Detective
ok, maybe I should restate my question. say I wanted to buy another one of these, would I actually get the exact same package or could there possibly be a different box? I hope this is better.

NebraskaDragon

GO BIG,
soopafamicom said:
The KI boxset is fairly rare,to be honest its the only US version of it I have seen and I have only come across one PAL version before so I would keep hold of it(or sell it to me :D)

There were several boxsets that were released over here and it would be of interest to me to find out what if the US had the same ones.Over here we had

FiFa 96 boxset
SF2 boxset
Starwing boxset
Sf2 turbo boxset
Killer Instinct boxset
Mario Allstars boxset
Donkey Kong boxset(this was a plain white box with an outer sleeve that looked like a crate
Mario Allstars+S.Mario World 5-in-1 boxset(as DK but had an outer sleeve with a big Mario on the front and green background.

There was also a special box for the Gamezone chain of shops.This had a rectangle cut out of the front of the box and around this was a load of blurb and a 'Game of the Month' sort of logo so they could package their snes' with the latest releases

I don't know if there were anymore.If anyone has any different ones I personally would like to see one.

I seem to remember buying a Mario All Stars+Mario Kart set...

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
chrishicks said:
ok, maybe I should restate my question. say I wanted to buy another one of these, would I actually get the exact same package or could there possibly be a different box? I hope this is better.

Yes.

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
chrishicks said:
:confused: yes I would get the same box or yes there is a chance I could get a different box?

You got it.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
I know in the US there was a SNES Jr with Kirby Superstar box set. I remember when I was over there back in '99 they were being sold off for $50 at Best Buy.

chrishicks

Quiz Detective
well for those with actual responses to my thread I want to say thanks. and for those who just screwed with the newbie I want to say thanks for the confusion and the laughs. :D

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
soopafamicom said:
FiFa 96 boxset
SF2 boxset
Starwing boxset
Sf2 turbo boxset
Killer Instinct boxset
Mario Allstars boxset

I'm sure there was one with the original FIFA Soccer as well...

Josh

Banned
rather have the game free box wit docs/ sorry but its true. everyone thinks it. :p

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
Superfamifreak said:
I'm sure there was one with the original FIFA Soccer as well...

I'm not sure if it was FIFA or FIFA 96 which was the boxset we had over here.It was a green background with David Platt on the front.

Only ever saw one of those up for sale,wish I had bought it now.

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
soopafamicom said:
I'm not sure if it was FIFA or FIFA 96 which was the boxset we had over here.It was a green background with David Platt on the front.

Only ever saw one of those up for sale,wish I had bought it now.

I'm sure that was the original FIFA. Was David Platt playing for England vs Poland.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
How about the Zelda 3 SNES bundle box (US)???? My Dad bought one of these (in pretty good shape by the way) from a garage sale about a year ago for only about $5 or $10!!! Then, that jerk gave the SNES, box, and game to my brother. I'm sure my brother will only make it go down in value, and I know it just sits around, cus I just saw it a few days ago sitting on the floor. So anyone have any idea what that's worth??? Should I beat him up and take it? I do have my own SNES, I could just try to trade him.