how much would you spend on a NG Dev Team NGPC game?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Come on, we're talking about a new game here.

You don't really believe the NGDev MVS/home carts had any impact on the prices of the nonhomebrew cart prices, do you?

I guess you all got me wrong!
It's not the impact of a new game. That, is *always* welcome. Even if I'm not spending on NG:dev games, I applaud that.

What bothers, is jacking up prices to the roof like "I'd pay X or I'd pay Y" just by spitting words.
Then when you realize, you're paying premium for something you could pay way much less.
And this is not the typical demand vs offer law situation. It simply does not apply.

I can understand the high pricing on AES/MVS new games. The manufacturing process is very expensive.
I cannot understand, due to storage solutions being so cheap nowadays how would someone pay 100 bucks
for an NGPC cart.

:cool:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Ok, we misunderstood each other. Sorry.

I cannot understand, due to storage solutions being so cheap nowadays how would someone pay 100 bucks for an NGPC cart.
Development. It takes a lot of time to code a good game and to work out the hardware.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Ok, we misunderstood each other. Sorry.

Development. It takes a lot of time to code a good game and to work out the hardware.

I can understand that part. And I understand nobody can work for free.
But developing and coding an NGPC game isn't the same as an AES/MVS release.
It's true that due to the hardware limitations, programmers have to sort some kind
of imagination and trickery, but I cannot find justifiable to ask $100 for such a small size
cart. If done from scratch ( plastic molding and stuff ), I can understand that production
costs may turn to a low-profit, but it all depends on quantities to make the production
cheaper.

I guess it's certainly not going to happen soon. I really love that little handheld. :cool:

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Just because of the hardware limitations the game won't be anything amazing or groundbreaking... so I would say $30-40. And still I would buy just because of the olden times...

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Hardware limitations wouldn't stop me from buying a new pocket color game. I think it's a pretty powerful system for a handheld, and I'm still impressed by the quality of it considering those limitations.

xsq

Just because of the hardware limitations the game won't be anything amazing or groundbreaking... so I would say $30-40. And still I would buy just because of the olden times...
pfff, right, like the hardware makes a good game. Go play current gen then.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
$100-$150 seems about right if it's a full featured game like their current releases. Is there enough resale there for them on other platforms though?

i mean, they make a game now and port it to half a dozen platforms.... Could you do that with a NGPC style game?

xsq

Hm, I don't know if a port to mobile phones wouldn't be possible.