How much for magician lord mvs ?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
What's the going rate for a loose mvs cart of magician lord nowadays?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
That's about same price you can purchase mint AES version.......
Really sad that MVS is getting more expensive.......

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
That's about same price you can purchase mint AES version.......
Really sad that MVS is getting more expensive.......

that's why i'm trying to complete my mvs collection now.otherwise i may not be able to afford them eventually and resort to playing the dreamcast and ps2 ports of the games :lolz:.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lol so glad I'm out of this hobby

Prices for any old game are fuckin stupid nowadays.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member

Im almost done.......almost.....

that's why i'm trying to complete my mvs collection now.otherwise i may not be able to afford them eventually and resort to playing the dreamcast and ps2 ports of the games :lolz:.

I quit collecting AES games years ago and focusing on PS/PS2/DC ports. But still, nothing beats AES/MVS.........

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Yea, and if you owned them you would probably make a small fortune in sales.

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy

Retro game prices are a lot higher these days but it won't last just like any other hobby. And that's a really broad generalization to make. Pick just about any console with a good library and you'll find tons of worthwhile games at low-to-decent prices.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I sold a ton of games for incredibly low prices back in 2011. I have no regret.

same here. i've sold off most my gamecube and 360 games for stupid cheap. i'm just keeping the ones that i know will played over and over again. i'm guessing it's an age thing with us.after some time we realise hoarding games is just bullshit.

I quit collecting AES games years ago and focusing on PS/PS2/DC ports. But still, nothing beats AES/MVS.........

but you're always posting your new aes and mvs game purchases here all the time :lolz:.
but to be honest,nostalgia plays a big part in my enthusiasm for the neo. so emulators and ports alone will not do.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
same here. i've sold off most my gamecube and 360 games for stupid cheap.

At least you could sell them, with downloads it's nearly impossible. Why is the second hand market such an obstacle to the current majors? Definitely a reason, why everyone wants a share of the classics.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
At least you could sell them, with downloads it's nearly impossible. Why is the second hand market such an obstacle to the current majors? Definitely a reason, why everyone wants a share of the classics.
it´s all about the cartridges my friend. I told you many times: cartridges will rule the retro-world. CD/DVD´s will always be on the second place in collecting.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
100-150 loose

blah, I sold off most of my MVS games 2 or 3 years ago. Magician Lord is a $100? Dang I think I remember selling mine for 30 or 40. But then again they helped finance another hobby. So not too upset... (well unless I decide to rebuy some of those MVS's.)

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i wish i had bought my cab afew years earlier, always told myself i would buy one. Never had the space, finally found one for a good price. Prices are ridiculous sometimes. It really hurts when your searching through FS threads and you see one with great prices then realize the post is 5 years old lol

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I never got the draw of Magician Lord, cool music but stiff controls and hard as balls. Id just say save your money unless you need EVERY game

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
I never got the draw of Magician Lord, cool music but stiff controls and hard as balls. Id just say save your money unless you need EVERY game

It was part of the launch pack for the MVS cab, along with NAMN 1975, Mahjong Kyōretsuden: Nishi Nihon Hen, Baseball Stars Pro., and Top Players Golf.

And, it was one of the a launch games for AES Gold System, along with Fatal Fury.

That said, the game is tough to 1CC, and has some awesome sound and graphics.

And IIRC, I think the arcade version is a little harder than the home version.

Last edited:

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I really like Magician Lord, especially since there aren't many of those types of games on the Neo. Sadly I missed out on an eBay auction recently but the game went for £80 here in the UK (120 USD). It's becoming harder to find, I'm just glad I managed to pick up Windjammers in really nice condition (MVS) and at a "decent" price earlier in the year.

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
It was part of the launch pack for the MVS cab, along with NAMN 1975, Mahjong Kyōretsuden: Nishi Nihon Hen, Baseball Stars Pro., and Top Players Golf.

And, it was one of the a launch games for AES Gold System, along with Fatal Fury.

That said, the game is tough to 1CC, and has some awesome sound and graphics.

And IIRC, I think the arcade version is a little harder than the home version.

I believe the MVS version only let you respawn in certain pre-set areas, while AES starts you wherever you die. Also, the MVS version doesn't have the story intro like the AES version. I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading something along those lines a little while back. I'll have to check my MVS cart when I get off work.

Either way, I really enjoyed Magician Lord. The gameplay is a little clunky, but the graphics and music/sfx are great. I played it in the arcade quite a bit as a kid. Never made it past the 3rd level when I was younger, the game is pretty tough.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Great game until the frog warriors.