How much does a locksmith cost? That's ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I could get into any car in less than a minute.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Got keyless entry, can't even find a keyhole on the door anymore. Just have to push the combination on the buttons instead, this way there is no problem even if the keys are left on the ignition.

I could get into any car in less than a minute.

10 seconds with a brick. XD

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
snake you're in fort worth. you guys have yellow cab up there right? call them, they'll unlock your car for about $35 they used to do it for me a couple times cause i locked my keys in my car a few times.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
snake you're in fort worth. you guys have yellow cab up there right? call them, they'll unlock your car for about $35 they used to do it for me a couple times cause i locked my keys in my car a few times.

really? yellow cab?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Unfortunately, it's usually about that much.

You're better off investing in a bump key set (or for your house) a lockpick gun and some graphite.

Both will eventually destroy your locks, but you probably won't ever do it enough that it happens in your lifetime... unless you're a fucking dolt.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
1. How many locksmiths still exist?

Tons. Most don't last because of the competition. Not lack of people needing the service.

2. How many people call a locksmith on a regular basis?

You'd be surprised how busy a locksmith is on a Friday or Saturday night alone. Every other drunk person is locking themselves out.

On topic, that's a high price on average, but some areas like others have said charge a lot more for lock outs. You should pay around $50 for a car lock out.

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
you know why?.. its because you're in Texas. beers steers & queers mate! ;)
(+1 awesomeness if you know where that's from)

seriously though that is high. I had a locksmith charge me $60 once to "fix" the driver's side door lock on my RV and I thought that was high. luckily since then I am now the 'master of unlocking' so I can get into something without a key if I needto.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
He sounds like my kind of guy.

He died a couple years ago. I used to give him rides to the VA hospital and he'd tell me awesome stories about being put in jail and escaping through the ceiling in a matter of minutes. He also told me of a time a cop put handcuffs on him, and when he turned around to cuff another guy he was already out of them and long gone. My favorite story was the time somebody tried to trade him for a pack of "Cadillacs" (what they called Marlboros in jail), so he shanked some big black dude and two of his friends before the cops came in and beat the shit out of him. Dude was like 5'7" and 130lbs wet. I miss the guy.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
really? yellow cab?

yes, yellow cab. most cabbies for em have a lockout kit in the back of their car. if you don't have anything too crazy fancy, you'll be fine for them to unlock it, and get you in.