how much did you guys pay for MOTW AES?

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Im extremly interested in getting it and im trying to see if anyone actully got a good deal on the game. I know its gonna cost me upwards of $200? But i played this game at a small little arcade yesterday again and fell in love. Such a great game.

wookiewombat said:
Im extremly interested in getting it and im trying to see if anyone actully got a good deal on the game. I know its gonna cost me upwards of $200? But i played this game at a small little arcade yesterday again and fell in love. Such a great game.

This may come as a shock to you, but MOTW AES prices are higher than your guess of $200. Check the price guide link below.

But I will tell you I got really lucky and was able to snatch a US AES MOTW for $390 shipped several months ago, and in good-excellent condition.

Check the price guide:
http://www.neo-geo.com/guides/aesguide.html

matrimelee99

NEST Puppet
This game is definetly on my wish list. I have a few questions about this awsome game: Did the Neostore carry this game when it was released? If not what store did? Why is this game so hard to find? There a certain so-called rare Neo titles I always find for sale, except Garou and Rage of the Dragons. What's the deal? Was it (Garou) that small of a print run?

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
I do not personally notice that much of a difference between the AES version of Garou and the Dreamcast version of Garou. It is probably the only instance where I can say either game would probably be equally enjoyable.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
motw is very popular... it prob sell very quick as soon as it appears!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The biggest difference people seem to mention about the DC version is that there is a lag on some of the sounds because they have to load from the cd. As far as ports go, it's one of the better ones.

If you want real Neo but can't afford AES prices, why don't you go MVS? I got my MVS cart of MOTW for about $50 only a couple months ago. For the price of the AES cart, you could get a supergun, 2-slot, and then be able to enjoy the games for much cheaper. $325 for Rage of the Dragons?! Give me a break -- get it for $39 on MVS at the Neo Store.

Curt

apostate
350$ JP - MOTW

But I kinda wish I would have saved for the US Cart.. that would cost me more though...

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
Thats really very true. With a supergun or cab, you get better sound, better picture, and probably, if you do it right, better controls.

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Honestly, id rather not pay that much for a game i can get for $40 for Dreamcast which was a damn near perfect port. Maybe one day when i have nothing else better to buy..but not now, when there are perfectly good KOF games to buy :D

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Get an MVS setup! Get the game for $50-60. I have the MVS and the Dreamcast version. GREAT port.

pixeljunkie

We all have our reasons why we pay exuberant amounts of money for these rare and non-rare games alike, a topic much discussed before, many times.

Validation of purchase of these expensive carts comes from the fact that much of the time, if the game has not sold by vendors like ng.com, for many years, depreciation already happened. If you bought low, you could sell it for what you paid for it, more or less. Especially with AES games, buying these things is analogous to low-risk stock accounts. Look at MS3... I got uber lucky and was able to snatch a preowned copy for $180 off ebay last year. Now boom, the game is pulling what, $250 because of its relative rarity and demand?

MOTW is inarguably one of the best fighters ever designed. That fact only exacerbates its high value.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
MOTW is inarguably one of the best fighters ever designed. That fact only exacerbates its high value.

Alas this is exactly the reason i'm stocking up on Samurai 1 and 2 homecarts.... and waiting for the mother of all price increases. I will be rich one day!!! RICH!!! MUWAHAHAHA!!

;)

Seriously tho, SS1 and SS2 are the best values in Neo Geo :)

Droid

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Yeah, I paid a fair amount for my MOTW US home cart (~550$). I also have the DC port (US version by Agetec), but I find the port to be somewhat lacking. The sound isn't up to par, and the gameplay just feels like it's lagged a little bit - it just isn't as tight. I have heard that the JPN version is better - I guess I'll grab that one when I get my DC modded for imports.

neo*geo

Mickey's Coach
I want this game badly........ cex are selling it for £250 jap but i want the american version cause i personally like the more professional covers

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I totally agree with all you guys, i think ill evnetually pick it up, but unfortunatly prices dont drop too often on Neo Geo games, especially a game like MOTW. But yeah i got SS 1 for $25 and hopefully scoring 2 for $30. Not a bad deal at all if you ask me!

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
But yeah i got SS 1 for $25 and hopefully scoring 2 for $30. Not a bad deal at all if you ask me!

Those are the best games on the system along with puzzle bobble imo ;)

If i could only pick 3 games to own on Neo, SS1-2 would be 2 of them.

Its really fun when ya have human competition.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
Yeah, I paid a fair amount for my MOTW US home cart (~550$). I also have the DC port (US version by Agetec), but I find the port to be somewhat lacking. The sound isn't up to par, and the gameplay just feels like it's lagged a little bit - it just isn't as tight. I have heard that the JPN version is better - I guess I'll grab that one when I get my DC modded for imports.

Why need to mod your DC? Just buy GameShark Lite ($3 or less) new and you can use it for both cheat & bootdisc

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
wookiewombat said:
DAMN!!!

Guess ill get the Dreamcast version :D
NO! NOTHING LESS THAN ARCADE PERFECTION! :buttrock:

Also gotta go for the homecart collectibilty :)

Curt

apostate
This thread makes me want a US MOTW even more...

550$.... Yeargh

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
I did not that MOTW was all that miraculous. A good game? Yes. Worth 550, no. The Last Blade 2 and SSIV are much better.

Here is how Neogeo works. Take a game. Said neogeo fanatics say game is "DAH BOMB". All the other little neoobs say, "DAH BOMB!, I GOTS TO HAVE DAT!" And so the game sells for 500 dollars +

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I became a victim to the overhyping that was the worst around 2 years ago. Got mine for $550(JPN) but if you ask me it was worth every penny I spent on it because I think that it is the best non-wepons based fighter. Before I got it on MVS and it just was not the "same" as it is on AES and I also had it for DC and it is deffinetly not the same. Also around the time I got mine people were PMing me with there offers for US versions for upwards of $750.:eek:

Curt

apostate
wookiewombat said:
hahah Dreamcast bro...Dreamcast!

Ironically...

I have the US DC version... I had it before my JP MOTW

I wanted the AES because MOTW is probably my favorite neo game, and I had to have it in my collection...

And I want the english version because I think the boxart looks better, and I can read the spine easily on my shelf....

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
CurtWRX said:
Ironically...

I have the US DC version... I had it before my JP MOTW

I wanted the AES because MOTW is probably my favorite neo game, and I had to have it in my collection...

And I want the english version because I think the boxart looks better, and I can read the spine easily on my shelf....
Its the little things that count..ya know?