How may hours a day do you play neo?

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hi dudes.Just wondering how may hours a day do members here get to play on their systems?I have nearly lost interest in pc gaming atm and paly neo geo any spare seconds i get.I purchased fifa 15 on release day and have not played it as of yet.Battlefield 4 has taken a back seat also.Am i cracking up:D

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I try to get at least an hour a day on the Cab or Home Console.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Depends on how new the Neo Geo is for you? I play a ton of neo games though spread out on different systems. I find the older games easier to pick up and drop and go right back to whenever you want. Also the time involved can be as little as 10 minutes or10 hours you'll get a sense of satisfaction from either time. Newer games just don't work like that really. Not knocking them, just a different beast.

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I think I average about 15 minutes/day. I don't play every day, but I don't usually go over 30 min on the days I do.
It's a nice quick break for when a modern game needs to patch--the Neo's always ready to go.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I play about an hour a week. Just a credit here.. a credit there. Short games.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
...If I said...

I haven't touched my Neo Setup in over 2 years.... would that make me a bad man?

xROTx

PS. Having more fun on my 60GB PS3 and working thru my PS 1 and 2 collection atm...
PPS. Those old games look good scaled up via HDMI....

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
That makes you a hero Rot:)Resisting the temptation is a fight i could never survive:)Some great views guys cheers for sharing.

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Woody i see by the signature that you have your head in other places:)Great pic dude.:buttrock:

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Thats dedication Dozer.Cab and console to play on.I intend one day to have a Big Red grace my house.Im sure ill have to buy from the USA.You guys can advise me if thats alright:)After Christmas i can start to plan..

bklyn4ever

New Challenger
I don't play very much since starting school again. Maybe an hr a month if that. It stinks to get old

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Don't play much a day and when I do I have to choose between some platforms:neo, atomis, mega drive, SFCM and SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, PSP, DS, 3DS, tower defense and board games on iPad, PC, xbox360, PS3, vita, Game boy, GBA, game gear, Wii U. Most times I choose the Neo

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
perhaps once every few months i drag my AES out... though i never seem to be able to stand it for long.

i mean, i've MAGICIAN LORD, NAM-1975, FATAL FURY II, SAM. SPIRITS I and SAM. SPIRITS II.
i'd love to kick back, pick them up and instantly enjoy them all for their great atmosphere and character, just as i do with my GENESIS and other vintage VGs,
but the gameplay, -being arcade coin-op games as they are- is simply just too damned brutal and hardcore.

i'm no longer a 13 year old hot-blooded young turk with battery acid in my veins, and that is pretty much what you need to be
in order to get places on these kinds of coin-ops without credit-pumping or other cheats.

one of these days, i'll just get off my ass and throw some cash at Xian Xi or someone to get my AES UNIBIOSed,
and then, THEN, FINALLY, i might be able to drag my sucky ass successfully through at least ONE of the NEO carts i have.

(( do bear in mind that all this pussy-whining is from an alleged "God" at SEGA GENESIS "GHOULS-N-GHOSTS" just saying... ))

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
perhaps once every few months i drag my AES out... though i never seem to be able to stand it for long.

i mean, i've MAGICIAN LORD, NAM-1975, FATAL FURY II, SAM. SPIRITS I and SAM. SPIRITS II.
i'd love to kick back, pick them up and instantly enjoy them all for their great atmosphere and character, just as i do with my GENESIS and other vintage VGs,
but the gameplay, -being arcade coin-op games as they are- is simply just too damned brutal and hardcore.

i'm no longer a 13 year old hot-blooded young turk with battery acid in my veins, and that is pretty much what you need to be
in order to get places on these kinds of coin-ops without credit-pumping or other cheats.

one of these days, i'll just get off my ass and throw some cash at Xian Xi or someone to get my AES UNIBIOSed,
and then, THEN, FINALLY, i might be able to drag my sucky ass successfully through at least ONE of the NEO carts i have.

(( do bear in mind that all this pussy-whining is from an alleged "God" at SEGA GENESIS "GHOULS-N-GHOSTS" just saying... ))
Ha Ha brilliant Master:)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I feel your pain my friend that guy kicks ass.:dragf:

You seem to be posting a LOT recently...

...Just saying pal... 2008 account... and only now you started posting...

xROTx

PS. I don't need an explanation... but if I notice... everyone else notices...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Unless there's a new Zelda or something, I usually play for a couple of hours a week at most. The older consoles are great for this. Minimal loading and no updates to eat into gaming time. On the Neo, I mostly play the shmups and some Super Sidekicks.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,

xROTx

Gotta open up the market somehow mr Rot.

As for the topic I don't play games very often and when I do it's usually something on the Wii U or on one of my tablets.

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy

xROTx

Yep.I only aquired my mvs recently and am loving it.I was afraid of the tech side tbh but now my balls have dropped and i took the plunge.My wife is seriously unhappy but she will come round once puzzle bobble gets to me:)Is this an Irish/English unlike thing because i dont believe in that..Who gives a f**k how many posts iv made im not raiding the market like some smash and grab folk.I always had a dream to own an mvs.When i joined the site i did not believe that was possible and stayed away from the idea.But now in the current times that dream became a reality and i now have an mv1b and an mv1fzs with unibios 3.2 purchased from the great neo turfmasta himself.My games consist of the bootlegging 161in1,fatal fury special original,fatal fury 2 original,fatal fury 3 original,world heros perfect original,aggressors of dark kombat original.I hope to add more but faking hell their expensive.I spent enough in the arcades in my younger days,i think i deserve to own this kit..Hope that explains my sudden jump in on the site for all..Thanks

Last edited:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
When I had a Neo, I played about an hour a day.

I miss it so I am on the hunt once again for a mega modded AES.

ROT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAMEFAN

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I was the kid drooling over neo screen shots in cvg magazine in school.My snes got me by but never had the neo experience at home until i came across emulation.That was not satisfying me either so i had to get original kit and tbh i still now sit back in awe at having arcade hardware at home.:)