How many Neo-Geo were made?

Ken Masters

Another Striker
Hi I was just curious on how many Neo-Geo were made or how many sold,Just wondering about it,Is it more then a million or what?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Well not sure about all of it, but I believe home systems hit around 330,000. At least that's the highest seriel I've seen. Cabs on the other hand, easily much much higher.

SSS

neo retired
I'm wondering, does that include the Korean VIC systems as well?

Ken Masters

Another Striker
Wow almost 14 years and only 330,000 thats a little bit this system is a faliure. Its good in a way because I woundnt want everybody having a Neo-Geo like every has a PS2,It makes the system more special to me.

Last edited:

rimm_rs

Banned
SNK skipped numbers, so I would be surprised if there were actually that many (330k) out there.

It's less than the 20 million PS2s, for sure.

SSS

neo retired
Robert said:
BUMP because i don't know what's the VIC

Basically it's an SNK licensed Neo Geo built in Korea. Has "VIC" where the SNK logo should be (check the glossary). I couldn't find any pictures of them, but Shawn used to have a few in the Neostore. Maybe someone could dig the picture up off the server, if it's still there.

rimm_rs

Banned
I JUST sold a Vic controller, I don't know if I kept the picture of it. They feel just like the SNK units...

I sold one to Kenny a whle back, he may or may not still have it...

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Ken Masters said:
Wow almost 14 years and only 330,00

It's not 14 years. The production of the home cart system (which is just a part of the Neo Geo history) was limited to the period 1991-96.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
rimm_rs said:
I JUST sold a Vic controller, I don't know if I kept the picture of it. They feel just like the SNK units...

I sold one to Kenny a whle back, he may or may not still have it...

Now I HAVE to see pictures of it!