How many hours a week do you work?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Just out of curiosity after a particular rough few weeks that look to be getting busier after a co-worker is going to be out for surgery recovery for a while.

I've been working somewhere between 45-50 hours a week, but I've got 23 hours clocked already for Monday and Tuesday and I'm working through Saturday this week.

Luckily I get OT pay.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
between 60-70 hours. only because i have 1 job and a home based business.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
40 on a "normal" week. Normal's the operative since I usually end up pulling 42-50 hours when the supervisor takes days off on a whim. I usually get the brunt of her hours since I'm the only one trained for morning shifts.

But that'll change at the end of this month. :D

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Usually about 50-60. My bosses know I have no excuses not to work OT... meaning I have no wife, kids.

Clearness

n00b
Zero at the moment, not including small commission work I do with Pixel Art. I just got offered a minimum wage job so I should be getting around 20 hours tops in the near future.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
20 hours a week. But I get full time pay and I have a very flexible schedule. Bobak got me the job - I work for his CEO father-in-law. So it's basically like making fast food wages, but I subsist. I supplement my income shopping for deals and flipping games and traveling to goodwill around MN and WI. Kinda like game pickers, which my friends and I might make into a youtube sensation.

I also make a living doing SHITLOADS of surveys, but haven't had a lot of luck with anything other than Opinion Outpost] *Wink *Wink,

Which I originally got from DanAdamKOF, thanks by the way. I've made almost $200 in a year, which isn't bad for spending 5 minutes of my time. I do those surveys when I'm bored at work.

I don't put up with anything more than 40 hours a week. If I want overtime, I'll take it, but I'm efficient at my job and when i'm told to do something, I DO IT without complaint. I'm out the door irregardless of what needs be done when my time for the day is up. I'm willing to stay if there's crunch time though. My Dad says that's the German in me. I'm also doing the work of like 3 people and I'm still able to get everything done and leave on time But I really like my job, in fact I can find something in every job I've ever worked at that I like. You have to think positive to get through the day that way :)

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
40 hours.

I might occasionally get a little bit of overtime during a pay period but usually no more than 3 hours or so.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
60 usually, sometimes more. Had a guy leave the company right before a hiring freeze for one of my business units, so I am pulling some double duty and my role was already a "running lean" roll.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
40 a week, under normal conditions. Last pay period was an 80 hour period, I had 125 hours.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I develop business software. Currently we are short on consultants, so the people still working here are pulling some crazy hours.

My workload includes: coding, client meetings, on-site training/teaching classes, data conversion, database tuning, requirements gathering, and management of the India team.

Hours:
between 50 and 70+++ depending on the quarter and heavily dependent on the client I'm working on at the time.

50'ish in July - Sept
70'ish in Apr - Jun

All the rest varies but I yearn for a 40 hour work week. At 31, my beard is getting white/gray hairs and I'm almost positive it's work stress.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Variable. 36 this fall.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I usually work between 50 and 65 a week. I work on IT Security. There really is no set work week.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I develop business software. Currently we are short on consultants, so the people still working here are pulling some crazy hours.

My workload includes: coding, client meetings, on-site training/teaching classes, data conversion, database tuning, requirements gathering, and management of the India team.

Hours:
between 50 and 70+++ depending on the quarter and heavily dependent on the client I'm working on at the time.

50'ish in July - Sept
70'ish in Apr - Jun

All the rest varies but I yearn for a 40 hour work week. At 31, my beard is getting white/gray hairs and I'm almost positive it's work stress.

Sorry, I know what that's like
since we have a canadian team doing the same for us
to replace a unix driven database application from ten years ago.
Going live in a week our two,
in test right now.
Anyways, I supervise my team that's responsible for that
and the rest that's been holding down the fort paper work wise.
Since i'm still fairly new to the job and it's so busy,
I've been putting in at least 50 hrs a week.
Hopefully it goes back to 40,
But it's okay I'm very happy with my job.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Anywhere from 36 to 40 hours. Staying for an entire shift sometimes is torture so thats why I dip below 40.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
40 a week normally, but until recently, we had 2 hours of mandatory OT each day. My last check was 96 hours. I like being back on a normal schedule, but I really miss the OT pay.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I was working from 6:30 in the morning to 10 at night teaching in Korea for 2 months and it was killing me, so now I've knocked it down to just 4 hours a day, and I'm doing much better. I'm still making OK money and I will add some part times.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Around 70-80 hrs per week after deciding to try my luck at a coffee franchise.