How many gaming headphones do you have?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I have two hori PS4 headset, two sony silver, one sony gold, and one bose qc-25.

How about you guys?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have a nice set of stereo headphones. I use it with my handhelds, my PC, my phone, etc.

That's it. I don't want to talk to anyone online and I play all my consoles through my stereo/surround speakers.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I ordered the Hyperx Cloud II headset last week. Thing is comfortable as fuck. I've only used the mic once, and that was for a Skype group meeting call. The headset is incredible.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member

Although I have an AKG K712 Pro that I use for music production. Would like to upgrade to the K812 Pro's :drool:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I have two hori PS4 headset, two sony silver, one sony gold, and one bose qc-25.

How about you guys?

I just got a PS4 & trying to look for a good gaming headphone. Is the Gold any good? What do you recommend? I like to trash talk.

SNKNostalgia

Fighting Artist
The Gold headsets are not bad for $70-80. The virtual surround sound is quite decent, they are very comfortable and hold an 8 hour battery charge. Just make sure you have a clear path between you and the console, it can tend to cut out sound a little sometimes if there is a coffee table blocking the signal. Also, be careful not to put too much pressure with bending the plastic putting them on or taking them off. I heard some people would have problems with the plastic hinges where it folds breaking right around the pins. Just don't man handle or carry them around outside like portable headphones and you should be fine.

Overall, I love the simple plug and play with a PS3/PS4/PC... I just wish it didn't turn the mic on every time you start it up. I always have to hit the mic button to get rid of any mic hiss, but it isn't a big deal really.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have a sennheiser gaming pair with a microphone for my PC. Its a basic model so it was maybe 60 or 80. I also have a pair of sennheiser 555HD's for PVM gaming.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
i have some plantronics RIG, very comfortable as fuck.. i highly recommend them, they are also affordable compared to stuff like the Astro A40

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I have quite a few but they're because I have friends over for rhythm games and having headphones helps to keep the noise down.

FYI the $25 DJ Style headphones on Monoprice are very good for the price. I don't think they'll amaze anyone but they're an excellent value, and if someone steps on one and breaks it during a gamenight you probably won't be too upset about it.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I just use the $5-10 ones you can get at microcenter and walmart. Good enough for me.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Just the stock 360 ones. The only games I play online are third strike, 4, and virtual on OT. I have nerve damage in my ear so I can't use my shure reference monitors anymore but have a pair of incase sonics for listening to music.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I have a nice set of stereo headphones.
That's it. I don't want to talk to anyone online and I play all my consoles through my stereo/surround speakers.
This. I have several stereo headphones to listen to music in addition. Haven't done online gaming in years... fuck (super young) strangers going on my nerves during playtime.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Thinking about getting skull candy crushers next month for the gym. Do you guys like skull candy gear?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
No. Do not buy Skullcandys. Or Beats, or Bose (nothing wrong with Bose quality wise, but they're Apple tier overpriced).

Get something from Audio Technica or Sennheiser. Anything from those companies will obliterate the Skullcandy in the same given price range.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Thinking about getting skull candy crushers next month for the gym. Do you guys like skull candy gear?
check out Sony MDR-7506, they're pretty cheap and sound real good for portable use. Add velour pads for even better sound.

fun fact: ki_atsushi recommended them to me, I checked the net, ordered them when they were on sale and I haven't regretted it a second.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The only actual set of gaming headphones I have are a set of Turtle Beach P11 headphones. They are okay, they have a permanent bass boost which makes things distort when you have any real bass. The only reason I use them these days is because they have a built in amp so I can plug line level audio directly into the headphones and not use a receiver.

Not a gaming headset, as I never really used the microphone, but I recently got a set of Sennheiser HD439 headphones off of Amazon for $45 on Wyo's recommendation. These cans are ridiculous, the best headphones I've ever heard under $100, and easily rivals the dumb marketing brands' $200 sets. They need some power though, they sound best when hooked up to a real receiver. When hooked up to a small device like my phone they still work well but lack some of the oomph it should normally get.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Zero. I buy real headphones.
which headphones do you mean by "real headphones"?

check out Sony MDR-7506, they're pretty cheap and sound real good for portable use. Add velour pads for even better sound.

fun fact: ki_atsushi recommended them to me, I checked the net, ordered them when they were on sale and I haven't regretted it a second.
Are the 7506 good for general listening to music?
How do they compare to the V6 (or 7509HD)?
I'm looking for some closed back headphones, with a relatively flat sound (low bass), for a reasonable price, for listening to music on my computer. The better Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic ones (audiophile/professional quality) can be expensive.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Zero. I buy real headphones.

Word.

I roll with my Denon D2000s

41ujUAbUSKL.jpg